Equity advisory solutions
JLL’s equity placement, funds placement, corporate finance and M&A professionals work together seamlessly as part of JLL’s “One Team” capital markets platform to deliver superior results for its clients.
Who we are
- Experienced institutional real estate capital markets specialists with varied backgrounds including investment banking, investment management and capital raising.
- A team that draws on a multi-disciplinary skillset across real estate, institutional capital, capital structure and corporate strategy, and commits to providing clients with a diverse range of tailored solutions.
- Fully integrated within JLL, leveraging the firm’s global expertise and resources to efficiently deliver a comprehensive suite of financial advisory services.
What we do
Discretionary equity capital for private real estate investment management vehicles including discretionary commingled funds and separate accounts.
- JLL and its affiliates have represented commingled funds that have raised approximately $19 billion.
- We provide private equity fundraising and institutional marketing services for public and private real estate companies, with a primary focus on discretionary funds and separate accounts.
- Deep capital relationships across the globe with a strong working knowledge of institutional investors’ preferences, decision-making processes, legal concerns, and structuring preferences.
- Unique expertise in the combined areas of (1) real estate equity and debt capital markets; (2) real estate operations; and (3) institutional investment practices.
- Proven track record raising capital for both equity and debt strategies in open-ended, closed-ended, and separate account formats across property sectors and risk profiles.
- Longstanding relationships with institutional investors including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, family offices, investment consultants, and wealth managers.
Talk to our experts about your funds placement needs
JLL specializes in project-specific joint ventures and structured capital solutions, programmatic joint venture relationships, asset and portfolio recapitalizations, and entity-level equity capital solutions.
- JLL consistently ranks #1 in the Mortgage Bankers Association’s league table for structured finance originations.
- JLL is pricing approximately 200 joint ventures at any one time.
- Since 2011, JLL has closed over 1,200 equity transactions (1) totaling over $135 billion in gross transaction volume and raised approximately $46 billion of equity, including approximately 850 joint ventures with over 350 capital sources.
- The team specializes in identifying the most compatible capital alternatives for any project or portfolio real estate acquisition, development, or recapitalization across property sectors and risk profiles.
- Full-service equity placement advisor beginning with strategy formation and continuing through pre-marketing, execution, and closing.
- JLL’s commitment to putting its client’s interests first means JLL puts the best team on the field for every transaction, frequently working alongside property- and market-specific debt and investment advisory professionals to ensure optimal execution.
(1) Excludes approximately 160 consulting assignments.
Note: As of 12/31/2020
Talk to our experts about your equity placement needs
We specialize in providing strategic and transactional advice to public and private real estate companies.
- Expertise in navigating complex transaction dynamics for sell-side and buy-side M&A.
- Providing special committee representation and strategic guidance on a wide range of topics ranging from internalizations to “roll-up” transactions.
- We render fairness and valuation opinions to our clients.
- Independent and tailored asset and platform level recapitalization execution supported by rigorous analysis.
- We provide comprehensive restructuring solutions to our clients that own or operate commercial and residential real estate.
- Strategic pre-IPO advice based on real-time and thorough intel from across both public and private capital markets.
Capital Markets at JLL
Our access to global capital combined with our financing expertise, renowned property insight and integrated research will give you the confidence to see the opportunities that others overlook.
$61M in construction financing secured to build Class A apartments in Kissimmee
JLL Capital Markets secured a construction loan and preferred equity for the development of the Infield Apartments in Kissimmee.
Mixed-use property in West Hartford sells for $40.5M
JLL Capital Markets brokered the $40.5M sale of Blue Back Square, a retail, office, medical office and multi-housing property in West Hartford, Connecticut.
Greek Development acquires industrial site in Philadelphia for $31.5M
JLL Capital Markets brokered the $31.5M sale of a warehouse at a last-mile location at 2121 Wheatsheaf Ln. in Philadelphia to Greek Development.
Suburban Atlanta shopping center sells for $37.6M
JLL Capital Markets brokered the $37.6M sale of Roswell Market Place, a fully leased, grocery-anchored retail center near Atlanta, to East Coast Acquisitions.
Beachwold Residential secures first supplemental loan for Ariel Springs
JLL Capital Markets arranged a $15.85M financing for the Ariel Springs apartments located in Spring Hill, Florida.