Our equity placement, funds placement, corporate finance and M&A experts work together to deliver superior results for our clients.
Who we are
- Experienced institutional real estate capital markets specialists with varied backgrounds including investment banking, investment management and capital raising.
- A team that draws on a multi-disciplinary skillset across real estate, institutional capital, capital structure and corporate strategy, and commits to providing clients with a diverse range of tailored solutions.
- Access to historical and real-time market data across the JLL platform allows us to stay at the forefront of industry trends and offer clients current advice.
- Our clients benefit from the breadth and depth of skills, of over 3,000 capital markets specialists in more than 50 countries, gaining local knowledge and global perspectives for better investment results.
- Our advice takes investors through the full life of an investment, offering an extensive suite of equity and debt products to maximize returns.
- By bringing together data on thousands of global properties and institutional transactions over the last 20 years with AI and machine learning; clients benefit from a new level of intelligence and decision making in the industry.
What we do
JLL specializes in project-specific joint ventures and structured capital solutions, programmatic joint venture relationships, asset and portfolio recapitalizations, and entity-level equity capital solutions.
- JLL consistently ranks #1 in the Mortgage Bankers Association’s league table for structured finance originations.
- JLL is pricing approximately 250 joint ventures at any one time.
- Since 2011, JLL has closed over 1,500 equity transactions(1) totaling over $150 billion in gross transaction volume and raised approximately $60 billion of equity, including approximately 1,000 joint ventures with over 400 capital sources.
- The team specializes in identifying the most compatible capital alternatives for any project or portfolio real estate acquisition, development, or recapitalization across property sectors and risk profiles.
- Full-service equity placement advisor beginning with strategy formation and continuing through pre-marketing, execution, and closing.
- JLL’s commitment to putting its client’s interests first means JLL puts the best team on the field for every transaction, frequently working alongside property- and market-specific debt and investment advisory professionals to ensure optimal execution.
(1) Excludes approximately 170 consulting assignments.
Discretionary equity capital for private real estate investment management vehicles including discretionary commingled funds and separate accounts.
- JLL and its affiliates have represented commingled funds that have raised approximately $19 billion.
- We provide private equity fundraising and institutional marketing services for public and private real estate companies, with a primary focus on discretionary funds and separate accounts.
- Deep capital relationships across the globe with a strong working knowledge of institutional investors’ preferences, decision-making processes, legal concerns, and structuring preferences.
- Unique expertise in the combined areas of (1) real estate equity and debt capital markets; (2) real estate operations; and (3) institutional investment practices.
- Proven track record raising capital for both equity and debt strategies in open-ended, closed-ended, and separate account formats across property sectors and risk profiles.
- Longstanding relationships with institutional investors including pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, family offices, investment consultants, and wealth managers.
We specialize in providing strategic and transactional advice to public and private real estate companies.
- Our investment bankers have over 75 years of corporate finance and investment banking experience.
- Expertise in navigating complex transaction dynamics for sell-side and buy-side M&A.
- Providing special committee representation and strategic guidance on a wide range of topics ranging from internalizations to “roll-up” transactions.
- We render fairness and valuation opinions to our clients.
- Independent and tailored asset and platform level recapitalization execution supported by rigorous analysis and latest market intelligence.
- We provide comprehensive restructuring solutions to our clients that own or operate commercial and residential real estate.
- Strategic pre-IPO advice based on real-time and thorough intel from across both public and private capital markets.
JLL grows Clean Energy and Infrastructure practice with vice president, energy resilience
JLL hired Doug Mackenzie for its Clean Energy and Infrastructure Advisory team to advise public and private clients on energy and sustainability.
JLL appoints Laura Vallis Head of Communications
Seasoned expert selected to lead world-class internal and external communications function
Refinancing secured for Class A distribution center along the Hudson
JLL Capital Markets arranged refinancing for Harborview Logistics & Distribution Center, a Class A distribution center in Bayonne, New Jersey.
Two Publix-anchored retail centers in Florida trade for $32M
JLL Capital Markets closed the $32 million sale of Shops at Sunset Lakes in Miramar, Florida and Town Center at Jensen Beach.
Grocery-anchored retail center in the Atlanta MSA closes
JLL Capital Markets closed the sale of Bethesda Walk, a grocery-anchored retail center located within the Atlanta MSA in Lawrenceville, Georgia.
We are Capital Markets. We are JLL.
We provide clients the edge by combining the unique knowledge of our people with the power of collective insight and technology to create a world of opportunity.
Talk to us about your equity advisory needs
Explore how we help our clients achieve their investment goals