Uncover key areas to consider when revitalizing property and workplace operations to ensure buildings and workspaces are safe, resilient and ready for the next normal.
Before re-opening buildings and welcoming people back to work, ensure your buildings - and their technical systems - are operating safely and in compliance with government regulations. Adjust office operations to effectively and efficiently manage decreased capacity and different ways of working. Consider a building technical readiness evaluation with safety, compliance and risk inspections, along with preventative decontamination cleaning and WELL strategy and implementation.
Resources to (re)vitalize your operations
- Share best practices for maintaining safe and clean workspaces and reinforce based on observed employee behaviors
- Communicate changes in protocol frequently and clearly
- Consider change management expertise to help coach employees through transition
- Ensure building HVAC systems are operating at optimal performance
- Consider increasing the percentage of outdoor air that circulates into the system
- Enhance filtration by upgrading to HEPA filters, UVGI (UV-C), or bipolar ionization
- Test fire and life safety and emergency electrical systems
- Verify functionality and certification of elevator/escalator transportation systems
- Increase outside air requirements to improve indoor air quality
- Align your inspection program with safety-related regulatory requirements
- Establish protocols for deep cleaning by janitorial vendors
- Ensure proper training, personal protective equipment and products are provided for all cleaning staff
- Focus on high traffic, high touch spaces, common areas, elevator buttons, kitchenettes, bathrooms, etc.
- Make janitorial services more visible
Understand how to create and monitor effective guidelines and adjustments when reactivating the workplace after COVID-19, from space considerations and occupancy to technology.
(re)spect health & wellness
Learn key considerations for commercial real estate owners and occupiers during re-entry to promote the health and wellness of employees, tenants and visitors upon reopening.