Why Brand Matters!
Why Brand Matters – Especially for Property Managers
As a property manager, you want to shine the best light possible on your building in order to attract the best tenants. You already knew that or you wouldn’t be in your job; however, you may not know the role branding can play for property managers. Customers/clients build brands so it’s important how you treat your tenants and everyone you interact with. How would your clients define your brand based on their interactions with you and your organization?
It takes time to build a brand though just one poor decision can quickly destroy a brand and its goodwill with audiences. Here are a few quick brand tips to help you best engage with your clients, colleagues and business partners:
- Keep every interaction positive. Each interaction is part of your brand. How you interact with and treat coworkers, clients and everyone you interact with is a reflection of you.
- Be your most authentic self. Stay true to who you are, to your personality; don’t try to be someone you’re not.
- Provide the best quality and experience. The best brands often come from those who want the best experience for their clients.
- Be trustworthy in your words and actions. Clients want to do business with people they trust. Say what you’ll do, do what you say.
- Be respectful. Turn your phone off during meetings so others know they are your current priority. Start and end meetings on time to be mindful of the timelines of others.
- Maintain two-way communication. Keep communication open. Ask for feedback. Respond promptly to inquiries.
At JLL, we know people are our greatest asset. Our brand is built on a culture that rewards employees both in and out of the office through an atmosphere of collaboration and innovation. We want to ensure our employees have everything they need to achieve their goals and ambitions so the work they do generates deep and lasting impact for clients, colleagues and communities we serve.
Our employees are an extension of JLL. They build our brand. Who is building yours?
JLL’s Property Management Team can help enhance your brand. Ask us how here.