Vice Chairman | International Director
Tom Doughty is the Co-chair of JLL's Law Firm Group. During his 30-year commercial real estate career, Tom has been responsible for occupier transactions on behalf of numerous law firms and professional services firms across the U.S., and has considerable experience with lease acquisitions in Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP: Tom serves as global advisor to this international law firm. Over the past five years Tom has renegotiated, restructured or negotiated leases for new locations for over 75% of the firm's domestic locations, including New York City, Philadelphia, Washington, DC, San Francisco, Houston, Los Angeles and Miami, as well as overseas offices in London, Moscow, Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo.
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP: Represented this firm in a 410,000 s.f. renewal and expansion of its office in Washington, DC.
- White & Case LLP: Represented this firm with its Washington, DC requirements since 1993, most recently in a 159,000 s.f. lease restructure. Recently represented this firm in the acquisition of a 440,000 s.f. new headquarters lease in New York City and in the opening of new offices in Boston and Houston.
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP: Have represented this Philadelphia-based firm with its Washington, DC lease in 1988, and currently part of the national representation team.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP: Have represented this firm with its San Francisco and London offices since 2007. Currently advising the firm with its Washington, DC office requirements.
- O'Melveny & Myers LLP: Negotiated leases for offices in Washington, Tysons Corner, and New York. Most recently, advised the firm on a 101,000 s.f. lease restructure in Washington, DC.
- Norton Rose Fulbright: Represented this firm in the acquisition of a 65,000 s.f. leasehold in Washington, DC.
- Sughrue Mion, PLLC: Have represented this firm since 2005, most recently in the relocation of its Washington office.
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP: Recently advised this law firm in the relocation of its Washington, DC office.
Prior to entering the commercial real estate industry, Tom was engaged in the private practice of law, and subsequently served as a Special Agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation and as a Special Assistant United States Attorney.
Tom received his Bachelor of Arts and his J.D. from the College of William and Mary. He is a member of the Virginia State Bar, a Licensed Real Estate Broker in Washington DC, Virginia, and New York and a Licensed Real Estate Salesperson in Maryland