Ted Brooks, MAI, MRICS
Executive Vice President
Ted Brooks serves as an Executive Vice President of JLL's Valuation and Advisory Services (VAS) in the United States. In this role, he is focused on conducting appraisals and consulting assignments. Actively engaged in commercial real estate valuation and consulting since 1985, Mr. Brooks has extensive experience in appraisals on various properties including, but not limited to, seniors housing, Low Income Housing Tax Credit projects, shopping centers, apartment complexes, industrial facilities, a former bomb storage site, a former air force base, raw and developed land, office complexes, motels, hotels, marinas, bowling alleys, amusement parks and mixed use developments. In addition, he has appraised LEED certified office, hotel and multifamily buildings.
Prior to joining JLL in late 2016, Mr. Brooks was with a national valuation firm, where he most recently served as Managing Director/Partner with the Dallas/Fort Worth offices. Mr. Brooks is qualified in Federal and Texas State Courts as an expert on real estate values. He has previously served as a Board Member of the City of Bedford Zoning Board of Adjustments. In addition, he has previously served as a Board Member and Board Secretary for Community Development Corporation of Tarrant County. As a graduate student, he spent one year as a research/teaching assistant involved in real estate research for the Texas Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University. He was an appraisal officer with Texas Commerce Bank, Inc. from 1985 to 1989. He was also a review appraiser with Guaranty Federal Bank from 1989 to 1990, and a senior appraiser with Noyd and O’Connell from 1990 to 1995.
Affiliations and designations
• Member Appraisal Institute (MAI No. 8442)
• Member The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS No. 1277283)
• Society of Texas A&M Real Estate Professionals
• Member International Right of Way Association
• Member US Green Building Council, Dallas Chapter
• Member Mortgage Bankers Association, Dallas Chapter
• Past Member The Real Estate Council, Dallas Chapter
• Past Member Board Zoning Board of Adjustments City of Bedford
• Past Vice Chairman and Board Secretary Tarrant County Community Development Corporation
• Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in AL, AZ, CA, GA, LA, NM, OK, TX,
• BBA, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 1983
• MA, Specializing in Land Economics & Real Estate
• Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 1984
• Successfully completed numerous real estate related courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, accredited universities and others.
• Currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s program of continuing education for designated members