Steven Schleider, MAI, FRICS
Regional Managing Director
Steven Schleider, a Regional Managing Director, leads the New York Tri-State Area commercial real estate appraisal and advisory/consulting practices. Mr. Schleider, a proven mentor and team builder, is focused on expanding the professional staff and growing the reach of JLL’s VAS business lines from Metro Philadelphia through Connecticut.
Prior to joining JLL in 2022, Mr. Schleider co-founded Metropolitan Valuation Services in 2003 to serve a large base of clients developed over his long career in real estate. Assignments were conducted for investment firms, international and domestic pension funds, major industrial corporations, leading foreign and domestic financial institutions, private investors, and leading law firms.
Mr. Schleider’s experience includes development strategies, feasibility studies for market-rate and subsidized rental facilities, age-restricted and assisted-living residences, cooperative and condominium housing, projects in various stages of approval; and consulting for various lower- and moderate-income housing programs involving LIHTCs and low floater rate tax exempt revenue bond financing. His experience with HUD programs includes section 8 facilities, MAP, and rent comparability surveys. Starting in 2003, Mayor Michael Bloomberg appointed and re-appointed Mr. Schleider 3 times to the New York City Rent Guidelines Board: where he served for 11 years. Mr. Schleider is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York and currently serves on its Housing Committee and has chaired its Appraisal Committee.
- Bachelor of Arts degree from Berklee College and has completed numerous graduate courses in finance and economics at the Bernard M. Baruch School of Business, City University of New York
- Appraisal Institute
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- United States Green Building Council
- Qualified before courts and administrative bodies in New York County
- Currently or previously a member, supporter or involved in the: Urban Green Council, Central Park Conservancy, Bowery Mission, NYC Rescue Mission, encourage Kids Foundation, Settlement Housing Fund and other local civic and non-profit organizations.
Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in the following States:
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- New York
- New York, NY | United States
- +1 212 915 7284
License #: GA-40000089