Senior Managing Director
Responsible for advising clients on the full range of occupancy issues and managing all aspects of the transaction process. Steve is a recognized expert in the Chicago market and co-heads JLL's Midwest Law Firm Practice Group.
Responsible for in excess of 8 million SF in leasing transactions. Experience includes: portfolio strategic planning, master planning, large-complex lease transactions, consolidations and lease versus own analyses. He also has extensive experience with the representation of law firms and professional service firms.
Mr. Steinmeyer joined JLL in 1995 and prior to JLL he was employed with Deloitte & Touche LLP in both Kansas City and Chicago.
- Foley & Lardner (Multiple) – 1,600,000 s.f.
- Katten Muchin Rosenman (Multiple) – 520,000 s.f.
- Crowe Horwath LLP (Multiple) – 480,000 s.f.
- DeVry, Inc. (Multiple) – 340,000 s.f.
- Jones Day (Multiple) – 340,000 s.f.
- Microsoft (Multiple) – 250,000 s.f.
- Baker & McKenzie (Chicago) – 260,000 s.f.
- Michael Best & Friedrich (Multiple) – 185,000 s.f.
- 2012, 2009 & 2008 Broker of the Year – Chicago Commercial Real Estate Awards
- 2009 NAIOP Transaction of the Year
- 2008-2014 JLL "Top Gun" Award (Top 10% Nationally)
Education and affiliations
Mr. Steinmeyer holds an MBA in Finance and Marketing from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, and a BS in Accountancy from the University of Missouri, Columbia. He is also a Certified Public Accountant.