Executive Managing Director, Brokerage
Steve Ranck is an International Managing Director in Jones Lang LaSalle’s northern Virginia office. Through his diverse skill sets acquired while working for a developer, Steve repeatedly demonstrates an expertise for planning, evaluating and executing complex transactions.
Years of experience
Over the past 20+ years Steve has negotiated over $4.5B in lease, sale and consulting assignments affording his clients the benefit of insight in virtually all structures in rising and falling markets. Prior to joining The Staubach Company (now Jones Lang LaSalle), Steve worked for ten years for Washington DC’s largest developer where he became knowledgeable about the process as viewed by owners/landlords, which knowledge he uses to best advocate his client’s positions.
Prior to joining Jones Lang LaSalle, Steve was an Associate Vice President with the Charles E. Smith Companies from 1990 to 2000, and from 1987 to 1990 with Studley, Inc.
• INOVA: Purchase of 1,200,000 s.f. ExxonMobil headquarters
• American Red Cross: Strategic planning and transaction work
• American Systems Corporation: Manage 30 lease portfolio since 2005
• Serco Inc.: Manage 115 lease portfolio since 2003
• Noblis: 160,000 s.f. headquarters lease
• AvalonBay Communities: 72,000 s.f. headquarters lease
• Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC): 67,000 s.f. headquarters lease
• ICF International: 322,000 s.f. headquarters lease and manage 75 lease portfolio
• American Association for Justice: 187,000 s.f. purchase
Steve is a graduate of the University of Maryland with a Bachelors Degree in Economics
• a licensed associate broker in Virginia, Maryland and The District of Columbia
• a member of the Northern Virginia Technology Councils Defense Contractors committee
• a published author on commercial real estate ownership by users and real estate in bankruptcy