Executive Managing Director
For more than 30 years, Steve has focused solely on his tenant representation practice. Primarily representing office tenants, Steve has been involved in lease, purchase, build-to-suit, and disposition transactions totaling in excess of 15 million square feet. He has earned a reputation as a tenant advocate with an “eye for detail” who is known for structuring and negotiating creative real estate solutions which mirror his client's business needs - today and in the future. Steve has completed major tenant representation projects across the globe for companies such as McDermott, Occidental Petroleum, Anadarko Petroleum, Forum Energy Technologies, Petroleum Geo-Services, Aker Kvaerner, Mustang Engineering, and Wood Group, among others.
In 1990, Steve joined Trione & Gordon, the leading boutique tenant representation firm in Houston, as an associate and in 1997 he became one of five partners. CBRE acquired Trione & Gordon in October 2003 to head up the area Global Corporate Services division as well as the Global Energy Practice group in Houston. Steve attained the title of Vice Chairman the highest title ranking among sales professionals at CBRE. In 2021, Steve and the other 18 members of his team joined the JLL Houston Tenant Representation Practice.
- MBA with a Finance concentration - University of Houston at Clear Lake
- BBA in Real Estate/Finance - The University of Texas at Austin
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) Houston Office Broker of the Year (Tenant Representation) - 2012
- CBRE Colbert Coldwell Circle (top 100 sales professionals - highest CBRE award)
- CBRE Top 200 2005-2020
- CBRE Houston Top 10 Producer 2003-2020
- Commercial Property News “Hot Broker” (multiple years)
- Houston Business Journal “Heavy Hitter” (multiple years)