Managing Director, Brokerage
Steve Burman is a Managing Director with JLL for the Mid-Atlantic region. He is part of a team that represents many of the region’s leading corporations, including the area’s fastest growing technology companies.
He also works with some of the top government contractors and associations in the area. He works extensively on the analysis and management of clients’ needs and financial requirements in making real estate decisions. Steve is currently licensed in Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.
In addition to Tenant Representation services, Steve provides facility strategy, site acquisition solutions, and post-transaction services for his clients through JLL’s extensive and fully integrated platform of services.
Years of experience
Prior to joining JLL, Steve worked at Studley, Inc as an Assistant Director in the firm’s suburban Washington, DC office. Steve helped coordinate the business development and marketing efforts for the National Accounts group.
Prior to working at Studley Inc., Steve taught at The McLean School in Potomac Maryland for four years.
• Altegrity/Kroll: Eden Prairie, MN (200,000 s.f.) (Portfolio client)
• Living Social: Washington, DC (115,000 s.f.) (Portfolio client)
• Kaiser Permanente: Tysons Corner, VA (205,000 s.f.)
• Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition: Washington, DC (8,500 s.f.)
• Hendricks Investment Holdings: Silver Spring, MD (17,500 s.f.)
• The National Academy of Public Administration: Washington, DC (42,000 s.f.)
• The Columbia Group: Washington, DC (20,000 s.f.) & Alexandria, VA (15,000 s.f.)
• MITRE: Mclean, VA (22,500 s.f.) (Portfolio client)
• System Planning and Analysis: Washington, DC (20,000 s.f.)
• Chess Consulting: Reston, VA (12,500 s.f.)
• JLL Gold Top Achiever (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
• JLL Top Gun (2011, 2013)
• Rookie of the Year – Studley Inc.(2006)
• Bucknell University, Bachelor of Science
• University of Virginia, Master of Education
Steve sits on the board of Faith in the Marketplace, an organization dedicated to fostering stronger relationships and faith-based service in the DC business community and to help serve the less fortunate.
In addition, he is a member the Landon School’s Fundraising Committee and Alumni Board.
He also volunteers his time for Bethesda Lacrosse as a coach and mentor.
Lastly, he is an active participant in the Northern Virginia Technology Council and the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association.