Mr. Rantala is currently Market Lead for JLL’s Project and Development Services team in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Mr. Rantala joined JLL in 2005 where he focused on growing the project management platform in central Ohio. With a successful track record of delivering projects, Mr. Rantala relocated to Grand Rapids, Michigan in October 2014 to open a new office for JLL in western Michigan.
Mr. Rantala is responsible for business development and the planning and execution of construction projects. He focuses on commercial tenant interior, building renovation and ground up projects, including management of both small and large scale projects from programming through construction.
Mr. Rantala has more than 30 years of project management experience.
Current/Recent projects include 300,000 SF design/build automotive R&D plant, multi-site entertainment program oversight for Fowling Warehouse, agricultural infrastructure projects, a new 25,000 SF Ada Township library/community center, a 20,000 SF TI project for HUB International, groundup 140,000 SF release liner manufacturing plant, an aviation factory consolidation project for Honeywell Aerospace, a 10,000 SF TI project for WPP/VML and a 10,000 SF TI project for the Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce.
Mr. Rantala has corporate experience having worked on projects such as Time Warner Cable’s $38M new regional headquarters that included a data center, nine United Health Group call center projects of 695,700 sf and $45.5M, and other projects for clients such as E&Y, Cisco Systems, Squire Sanders & Dempsey LLP and Kegler Brown + Hill LLP.
Prior to joining JLL, Mr. Rantala worked for Turner, Barton Malow and Danis. Past projects included a $200M football stadium renovation for The Ohio State University, a $40M medium security detention facility new build for the Manatee County Sheriff’s Department, in Bradenton, FL and a $95M water improvement program for Sarasota County, FL.
Education and Affiliations
Mr. Rantala has a degree in civil engineering from the University of Cincinnati. He is also a LEED Accredited Professional with the U.S. Green Building Council.
- Ada Township New Library & Community Center Ada, MI 25,000 SF, $12M
- Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce Office Relocation/Buildout 11,000 SF
- Emerson Network Power/Liebert Build-To-Suit Global Training Facility 70,000 SF, $15M – LEED Gold
- Time Warner Cable Build-To-Suit Regional HQ & Data Center Including full-service café 160,000 SF, $38M
- Honeywell Aerospace Mfg/Office Renovations - IN, OH Café, Kitchen & Dining Refresh Program in South Bend, IN
- Siliconature Design/Build Manufacturing Facility 140,000 SF, $30M
- Kenco Logistics/Stryker Medical Design/Build Distribution Warehouse 300,000 SF, $14M
- United Health Group Various Office/Call Center Renovations FL, TX, AZ, CA