Senior Vice President, Group Manager
Sam Shannon serves as Senior Vice President – Group Manager, Property Management, with the Markets Group for JLL in Austin, Texas. Sam is responsible for the successful administration and implementation of new management assignments, commercial construction and property management for the region.
Sam launched her commercial real estate career in 1999, managing and leasing over 1,000,000 SF of a commercial office, retail, and flex/industrial portfolio for PS Business Parks, a national REIT based in Glendale, California. Since then, she served as General Manager at JLL, managing a 700,000 SF portfolio of CBD mid-rise and suburban office buildings where she facilitated the repositioning of the Austin portfolio for sale and redevelopment. More recently, as Regional Vice President – Commercial at Capstone Real Estate Services, Inc., Sam supervised the company’s leasing and management portfolio of multi-tenanted mixed-use, MOB, CBD office and suburban office buildings, achieving 100% collections across the portfolio, executing multi-million dollar renovations and ADA upgrades as well as securing over 350 lease transactions during her tenure.
Education and affiliations
- Master of Applied Geography, specialization in Resource and Environmental Studies, Southwest Texas State University
- Bachelor of Arts, Sociology, Southwest Texas State University
- Active Associate Member: Institute of Real Estate Management – Austin Chapter (IREM)
- Active Member: CCIM Central Texas Chapter
Professional designations and licenses
- CCIM - 2012
- CPM - Candidate
- Salesperson, Texas Real Estate Commission