Senior Managing Director
As the Office lead for the Fort Worth tenant representation team, Ryan Matthews is responsible for developing new business relationships, performing financial analysis, lease structure, and purchase and sale negotiations for corporate office users and investors. He brings strong analytical and market knowledge to the facilities planning, relocation, and renegotiation process. His goal has been to develop long term working relationships by leveraging his unparalleled market knowledge for his clients.
Prior to joining JLL, Ryan spent two years with Hillwood Properties at their Alliance Airport Development, assisting the Marketing team on lease transactions. During the past 19 years with The Staubach Company and JLL, he has represented over 50 clients, many of whom are listed in the Fortune 500, with transactions exceeding $1 billion. Ryan also has a Juris Doctorate degree with a real estate emphasis providing a legal understanding to the real estate transaction.
Education and affiliations
Ryan received his J.D. degree from Texas Wesleyan School of Law, (now Texas A&M University School of Law), licensed by the State Bar of Texas since 2005, and graduated from Texas Christian University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. He is an active volunteer with Cook Children’s Hospital where he previously served on the Board of Trustees for 8 years and a member at Christ Chapel Bible Church.
Ryan received the 2006 Dallas Business Journal “Rookie of the Year” award and is a 2008 Fort Worth Business Press “40 under Forty” Honoree. He is also a 2008 Black’s Guide “Top 35 under 35” recipient. Ryan is regularly recognized by JLL as one of the company’s top revenue generators, including being named a Top Gun, the company’s highest level of revenue recognition.
The following are a few notable Fort Worth clients:
- Benbrooke Electric Partners/115W W 7th St: Represented the Owner of the (former Oncor Electric Bldg.) 300,000 SF in their disposition to an adaptive reuse (developer).
- XTO Energy Inc.: Represented the Energy Company when they sold 5 downtown Office Buildings totaling 600,000 SF; negotiated an office lease for 100,000 square feet in 777 Main; negotiated a build to suit for 833 space parking garage located at 7th St. and Throckmorton.
- Oncor Electric Delivery Company: Represented the Utility Company in their new office lease for 200,000 square feet in downtown.
- McDonald Sanders: Represented the Law Firm in their new full floor office lease in downtown.
- Sabre: Represented the Technology Company in structuring a partial sale leaseback in their HQ Office Campus Buildings (475,000 SF) in Southlake.
- Brazos Midstream Partners: Represented the Midstream Company in their new full floor HQ office lease in downtown.