Robert A. Manekin
Mr. Robert Manekin focuses on tenant representation and corporate services. A former Navy JAG officer and Special Assistant US Attorney, Bob is a member of JLL’s national Law Firm Practice Group and has represented approximately 50% of the top 20 law firms in Baltimore. In addition to Tenant Representation, Bob provides marketing consulting services for real estate developers, investors, and owners.
A 40 year industry veteran, Bob has worked on several significant transactions in the Baltimore Metropolitan Region, earning numerous awards from CoStar (Power Broker), the Baltimore Business Journal (Heavy Hitter awards), several political jurisdictions, and the Maryland Department of Economic Development (Award of Excellence).
During a 15 year stint at his family’s commercial and industrial real estate firm, Bob focused on property management (8 years) and real estate development (7 years). He then left the family business to concentrate on commercial brokerage from the tenant perspective. After stints with such national firms as Studley and Staubach, as well as running local and regional brokerage firms, Bob joined JLL via its acquisition of the Baltimore Colliers’ affiliate, of which Bob was a principal.
In his development career, Bob received awards from the NAIOP of Greater Baltimore, Frederick County, the cities of Baltimore and Gaithersburg, and the State of Maryland for his real estate development work in those jurisdictions. As a broker focusing on tenant representation, he has participated in the largest office lease in the history of Baltimore (538,000 SF build to suit for the Social Security Administration, as well as several large transactions for law firms such as Venable, Miles & Stockbridge, and Ober Kahler.
Bob has served as an Adjunct Faculty member in the St. Johns School of Real Estate at the Johns Hopkins Carey School of Business. He has lectured at a variety of colleges and universities including MIT, the Kenan-Flagler School of Business at UNC – Chapel Hill, the University of Baltimore and Towson University. He has also written several articles for the Chesapeake Chapter of the Association of Legal Administrators, the Baltimore Business Journal and Smart CEO Magazine.
• Social Security Administration – 538,000 SF twenty year lease
• Miles & Stockbridge – 120,000 SF fifteen year lease
• Ober Kahler – 85,000 SF fifteen year lease
• Maryland Automobile Insurance Fund - 62.500 SF fifteen year lease
• Venable – 115,000 SF lease restructuring
• The University of Maryland Carey School of Law, JD 1973
• The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA 1970
• Baltimore City Public Schools
• Institute of Real Estate Management – CPM designation
• Building Owners and Managers Institute - RPA designation
• Society of Industrial and Office Realtors – SIOR Designation
• Building Owners and Managers Association of Greater Baltimore – Past President
• Building Owners and Managers Institute – Executive Committee
• Greater Baltimore Committee – Board of Directors
• Downtown Partnership of Baltimore – Board of Directors
• Associated Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore – Board of Directors
• Jewish Community Center – Chairman of the Board
• Sinai Hospital – Board of Directors and Chair of Facilities Committee
• Jewish Addiction Services of Baltimore – Chairman of the Board
Awards & Recognition
• NAIOP Building Awards (numerous) – Case Communications, 270 Technology Park
• City of Gaithersburg for Green Development – Bennington Corporate Center
• State of Maryland Economic Development Award for Excellence – 270 Technology Park, Frederick
• CoStar Power Broker – (numerous years)
• Baltimore Business Journal Heavy Hitter Award (numerous years)
• Baltimore Business Journal #1 Heavy Hitter Award – Social Security Administration Build to Suit