Robert C. Kossar
Robert C. Kossar, International Director and Head of JLL's Northeast Industrial Region, is responsible for leading the markets business (capital markets, brokerage, property management & project and development services) in the region (New Jersey, Eastern Pennsylvania & New York). He is also part of the Industrial Capital Markets Team for the Americas, personally responsible for leading the capital markets business in the Northeastern US. In addition to his local leadership responsibilities, Mr. Kossar remains an active industrial investment sales and leasing broker, representing the firm's most important clients. He is also serves on the Brokerage Executive Committee and Industrial Executive Committee.
Leadership, Capital Markets, Brokerage, Property Management, Project Development Services, Consulting and supporting the growth of Corporate Solutions.
Robert's property level expertise lies primarily in industrial real estate including: Industrial investment sales, agency and tenant representation, site selection, leasing, acquisition, disposition and build-to-suit properties and portfolios.
Years of Experience
Prior to joining JLL, Robert was a Principal and Executive Vice President at Lee & Klatskin Associates, sold to JLL in 2007. He has extensive experience on both the ownership and brokerage side of the business representing many major public, private and institutional owners as well as public and private occupiers locally and throughout the United States.
Industry recognition includes being named "Power Broker in New Jersey" (2004–2016) by CoStar and NJ Biz Real Estate Power 50 (2011-2016). Mr. Kossar has been awarded Deal of the Year by NAIOP in 2013 and 2015 after several years of being a finalist. In 2017, Rob accepted the industry impact award on behalf of JLL from NAIOP.
Mr. Kossar has received SIOR recognition including annual awards for the largest cooperative transaction in New Jersey (2006, 2008, 2011, and 2016), the largest built-to-suit transaction in New Jersey (2006, 2011); the largest industrial sale transaction in New Jersey (2015, 2014, 2008) and largest industrial lease (2016, 2015, 2013).
- Prologis for the sale of 370,000 square foot distribution building in Somerset, NJ
- Fortune 500 retailer in the lease of 2.6 million square feet of e-fulfillment space in Bethlehem, NJ.
- B&H Photo for the lease of 590,000 square feet in Burlington, NJ.
- JP Morgan in the lease of 577,000 square feet in Edison, NJ.
- Bridge Development in the lease of 488,800 square feet in South Brunswick, NJ.
- BlackRock/Summit Associates in the sale for 32 acres in Newark, NJ.
- Bridge Development in the lease of 262,000 square feet in Union, NJ.
- Ascena/Dressbarn in the sale of 893,000 square foot warehouse in Suffern, NY
- Capmark Bank in the sale of a 725,000 square foot distribution building in Clinton, NJ
- Prologis for the pre-leasing of 880,0000 s.f. Spec Building in Jersey City, NJ
- LaSalle Investment Management in the Sale of 800,000 s.f. in Robbinsville, NJ
- Christmas Tree Shops in the build-to-suit sale of 722,000 s.f. in Florence, NJ
- Bed Bath & Beyond in the build-to-suit lease of 600,000 s.f. in Carteret, NJ
- KTR in the lease of 800,000 square foot to I/0 Data Centers in Edison, NJ
- Baker Properties in the Sale of 340,000 s.f. to Forsgate Industrial Partners in South Brunswick, NJ
- Seagis Property Group for the lease of 225,000 s.f. to Korea Express in South Brunswick, NJ
- Sysco in the acquisition of 100 acres of land in Plymouth, MA
Education and Affiliations
Mr. Kossar holds a master of science in real estate investment and development from New York University and a bachelor of science in business and economics from Lehigh University. He is a board member of the NJ chapter of the National Association of Industrial and Office Parks (NAIOP) and is a member of the Investment Management National Forum at NAIOP. Rob is a member of the Society of Industrial Office Realtors (SIOR). Mr. Kossar is vice-chairman of the board of CJ First Candle and Chairman of the board of the Ryan Wolfe Kossar Foundation. He is on the advisory board for the Rutgers Business School Center for Real Estate.