Robert A. Freedman
As Senior Vice President at JLL, Rob has more than 30 years of commercial real estate experience. Rob's primary focus is on Agency Leasing, managing Brokerage Assignments along the I-95 Corridor, mainly in the Howard County, Anne Arundel & Airport Area and Baltimore County Markets with active deals on both a local and national level. A consistent Market Leader, Rob has extensive knowledge and almost three decades of deal experience in Landlord and Tenant Representation covering office, flex, & warehouse space. He has consistently been a top producer despite any economic uncertainties in the market, weathering three recessions and two market crashes over the course of his career.
Rob is regarded as one of the top brokers in the Baltimore/Washington Metro Area and he has closed over 1,750 leases and sales transactions for volume in excess of $925 million.
Significant Agency Clients
- Armada Hoffler – Represents AH on their 225,000 Class A Waterfront Office Tower at Harbor Point (WeWork & Jellyfish leases) in Baltimore, MD.
- Greenebaum Enterprises – Represents GE in their 80,000 s.f. headquarters, their 30,000 s.f. medical building in Maple Lawn, and their 75,000 s.f. build to suit land sites in Maple Lawn.
- The RMR Group – Represents RMR on their 8 building portfolio comprised of 400,000 s.f. in Columbia, MD
- Grander Capital Partners – Represents Grander in their 300,000 s.f., 3 building portfolio in Linthicum, MD
- Greenfield Partners – Represents Greenfield Partners in the leasing of 245,000 s.f. of office space in Columbia, MD
- NESCHEN AG - Rob coordinated the relocation of 100,000 s.f. office and plastic laminate manufacturing facility from Buckeberg, Germany to Howard County, Maryland. Included the consolidation and relocation of facilities from Germany, London, Philadelphia, South Carolina, Kansas City and California, as well as the disposition of excess facilities in Maryland.
- UNITEC Electronics - Rob oversaw the growth of the company from 6,000 s.f. to 33,000 s.f. over a 4-year period. He coordinated the relocation, expansion and warehouse build-to-suit opportunity in Howard County, Maryland.
- Clinical Associates - Rob identified 30,000 s.f. relocation/expansion and build-tosuit opportunity in Baltimore County, Maryland.
- Reznick Group - Tenant representation for national accounting firm. 25,000 - 60,000 s.f. in Baltimore, Chicago, Charlotte, Los Angeles and Boston.
- JPB Enterprises, Inc. - Rob identified the land, developer & contractor for this relocation and build-to-suit opportunity; 85,000 s.f.; Columbia, Howard County, Maryland.
- Woodside Court, LLC - Rob identified the land developer, tenants and contractor for this 20,000 s.f. equity build-to-suit venture in Columbia, Howard County, Maryland.
- Phillips Way, Inc. - Rob conducted a 2-year search for the relocation and acquisition of 44,000 s.f. headquarters facility in Carroll County, Maryland.
- United Cerebral Palsy of Central Maryland - Rob oversaw the disposition of excess land to help solidify the bank account and balance sheet of UCP. Rob then identified a new site for the school, converting a non-traditional warehouse into space for special-needs children. He then relocated their corporate headquarters and sold their original 30-year old facility. In 2011 he coordinated the consolidation of two school facilities into a new 15 year 21,000 s.f. build to suit opportunity for UCP. Rob was appointed to the UCP Board of Directors in 2011.
- JLL Gold Achiever 2018
- JLL Top Achiever 2016 & 2017
- JLL Broker of Record for State of Maryland, 2016-2019
- Colliers USA Market Leader, 2010 – 2015
- Colliers Manager Steering Committee, 2013 & 2014
- Colliers Top Producer – Baltimore, 2011 & 2013
- Co-Founding Principal, Colliers International - Baltimore 2010
- Costar Power Broker Award, 2008, 2010, & 2013
- Baltimore Business Journal's Commercial Real Estate "Heavy Hitters Award", 2000 - 2008, 2010 - 2011
- Leadership Howard County 2006 - 2019
- Howard County Board of Public Works 2010 - 2014
- Howard Community College Education Foundation 2006 - 2009
- HC Drug Free, Howard County 2006 - 2009
- United Cerebral Palsy of Central Maryland 2011 - 2014
- UC2 2015 - 2019
- Cold Weather Shelter 2013 - 2019
- 24 Hours of Booty Team Captain 2013 – 2016
Education and affiliations:
- University of Baltimore, Merrick School of Business, M.B.A.
- University of Delaware, B.A. Alpha Epsilon Pi
- SIOR – 2000-2019
- Real Estate License: Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia & Pennsylvania
- JLL: Broker of Record, State of Maryland 2016-2019 (Jones Lang LaSalle Americas, Inc. and Jones Lang LaSalle Brokerage, Inc.)