Randy A. Williams, MAI, SR/WA, FRICS
Executive Vice President
Randy Williams serves as an Executive Vice President JLL's Valuation and Advisory Services (VAS) in the United States. In this role, he is focused on conducting appraisals, consulting assignments and eminent domain. Randy has been actively engaged in real estate valuation and consulting since 1977. Valuations have been performed on various properties including, but not limited to, neighborhood and community shopping centers, apartment complexes, single and multi-tenanted industrial buildings, low to high rise office buildings, mixed-use facilities, vacant land for different uses and condemnation and right-of-way.
Prior to joining JLL in late 2016, Randy was with a national valuation firm, where he most recently served as the Senior Managing Director/Partner in the Austin office. Eminent domain experience includes design build projects such as SH 130 and SH 45, power line projects for the City of Austin, and pipeline projects ranging from sewer and waterlines to oil and gas pipelines. Randy recently completed a pipeline valve study and evaluation for a multiple county acquisition of valve sites in an existing petroleum line easement. Recently, Randy provided appraisal oversight and litigation support for a multiple county high pressure gas line in South Texas. Recent experience is concentrated in major urban/suburban development and eminent domain. Valuations have been performed on various properties including, but not limited to, neighborhood and community shopping centers, apartment complexes, single and multi-tenanted industrial buildings, low to high rise office buildings, mixed used facilities, vacant land for different uses and condemnation and right-of-way. Eminent domain experience includes design build projects such as SH 130 and SH 45, power line projects for the City of Austin, and pipeline projects ranging from sewer and waterlines to oil and gas pipelines.
Randy is a past president of the International Right of Way Association (IRWA). Randy is a certified IRWA instructor and is also past Chair of the IRWA International Relations Group. During his term as president, he taught the first IRWA eminent domain courses in China and South Africa. In Beijing, Randy taught Course 103 (Ethics and the Right of Way Profession) and Course 421 (The Valuation of Partial Acquisitions). In Johannesburg, he taught Course 103 while attending the South African Right of Way Association annual conference. In October 2014, Randy taught Course 103 and Course 100i (Principles of Land Acquisition) in Mexico City, Mexico. Randy also spoke before the American Bar Association-American Law Institute at their 2012 Eminent Domain and Land Valuation Program.
While in China, Randy met with both the Ministry of Land and Ministry of Construction to discuss ways to further the ethical development of public and private infrastructure. Randy has since been engaged to teach appraisal and consulting theory in Beijing for BOUSCC. While in South Africa, Randy met with Dr. Mkhize, Premier of KwaZula-Natal, and Cabinet Minister Patel, Minister of Economic Development, to discuss furthering infrastructure development in South Africa.
Affiliations and designations
• IRWA: Region Chair, June 2005 - May 2007
• IRWA: Region Vice-Chair, June 2003 - May 2005
• IRWA: Region Secretary, June 2001 - May 2003
• IRWA: International President, June 2011 - June 2012
• IRWA: International President Elect, June 2010
• IRWA: International Vice-President, Treasurer, June 2009
• IRWA: International Secretary, June 2008
• IRWA: International Executive Committee Member, November 2007
• IRWA: Chapter 74 President, January 1997
• IRWA: Chapter Professional of the Year, January 1997
• IRWA: Chapter Professional of the Year, January 2003
• AI: Austin Chapter President, January 2001
• FIABCI: Member of Education and Academic Members Committee
• IRWA: Co-Chair IRWA 2008 Austin Conference, June 2008
• IRWA: Past International President
• Appraisal Institute, Member (MAI) Appraisal Institute, July 1986
• International Right of Way Association, Senior Member (SR/WA), April 1999
• Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, Fellow (FRICS), August 2008
• Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in Texas
• Qualified as an expert witness and testified before various judicial bodies including Federal Bankruptcy Court, Texas State District Court and Travis, Williamson, Caldwell, Hays, Guadalupe, Comal, Bell, Hill and Austin County Commissioner’s Court.