SVP, Retail Brokerage
Michael Riley leads JLL’s largest retail account, WalgreensBoots-Alliance, across the Eastern half of the United States. He is the head of the new store program for Walgreens and serves as the firm’s master retail broker for the New York Tri-State Region, spearheading its Leasing, Idle Property Disposition and Lease Restructuring efforts.
Michael has over 17 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry. He has had a longstanding relationship with Walgreens, formerly as an in-house Real Estate Manager covering both the Los Angeles and New York markets and now as its exclusive outside representative and development lead.
- Michael currently leads Walgreens’ New Store, Relocation and Small Format Development efforts east of the Mississippi River
- Personally involved in over 500 new store and relocation transactions
- Leads the nationwide rollout of 40+ new small store locations annually
- Michael heads up Walgreens’ Idle Property Diposition efforts in the New York Tri-State Region
- Responsible for more than 35 idle property sublease and lease termination transactions last year alone
- Generated the highest level of Walgreens’ idle property volume, both in number of transactions and amount of lease savings achieved across the portfolio
- Michael actively controls Walgreens’ Lease Restructuring efforts in the East region
- Responsible for over $30M in lease savings in 2019
Education and affiliations
Michael has an MBA and a CCIM designation, and remains an active member of both the ICSC (Governmental Relations Committee) and the Real Estate Board of New York.