Managing Director, Capital Markets
As a Managing Director, Lynn LaChapelle executes and oversees high profile Capital Markets transactions in San Diego, Phoenix and Orange County. Lynn and her partners, Bob Prendergast and Chris Casey, lead the valuation, marketing, disposition and financing of premier office properties. Over her career she has obtained experience in corporate solutions, leasing and development and has transacted leases, ventures and sales in excess of $9.4 billion. Lynn and her team have earned a reputation for achieving record sales prices throughout the region with their “high touch” marketing efforts.
Lynn has served on the firm’s national business development team known as “the Rangers” - an elite group of investment sales and leasing professionals responsible for assisting key clients with access to JLL’s multiple business lines. Prior to joining JLL, Lynn was a Principal/Senior Vice-President with Burnham Real Estate for seventeen years and collectively, she has over twenty-eight years of experience in commercial real estate and was the top JLL producer in San Diego in 2014 along with her partner Bob Prendergast.
Education and Affiliations
Lynn received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Geography from the University of California, Los Angeles and has completed over 48 hours towards a Masters degree in Urban Planning at San Diego State University. Lynn is a member of ULI, is a NAIOP board member, as well as a member of San Diego’s SIOR chapter and CREW. Among her professional recognitions, Ms. LaChapelle received the San Diego Daily Transcript’s top honor “Deal Maker of the Year” in 2003; was named Southern California Real Estate Journal “Women of Influence” from 2004 - 2009; has achieved Costar’s “Power Broker” status from 2005 - 2009; and named to Real Estate California’s “Hot Brokers List” 2007-2008. She was honored with the JLL Club Award in 2009 and in 2010, she received the “Woman Who Mean Business” award and was nominated as a “Top Influential” in 2010 from The San Diego Daily Transcript. She and her team achieved the #1 ranking for investment sales in San Diego in 2010 from Real Estate Alert. Her community involvement has included serving as a board member and capital campaign member of the Girl Scouts Imperial Council, serving on the San Diego Community Foundations’ Charitable Real Estate Board, The Children’s Museum, The San Diego Center for Children and the San Diego Museum of Art. At present, she is actively developing her vineyard in Escondido and training in Dressage.
- San Diego Tech Center – a 644,000 sf suburban office and technology campus in Sorrento Mesa on behalf of Beacon Capital Partners
- Pacific Center – represented Qualcomm on the purchase of a 528,000 sf office campus with additional 256,000 sf office entitlements in Sorrento Mesa
- 701 B Street/707 Broadway – a 560,000 sf portfolio of 2 class B office buildings in Downtown San Diego for Blackstone/EOP
- Paseo Del Mar – a 232,000 sf 3 building class A suburban office portfolio in Del Mar on behalf of KBS Realty Partners
- Legacy Sabre Springs – a 282,000 sf 2 building suburban office campus in San Diego with entitlements for additional 150,000 sf for Lend Lease
- The Point – a 287,000 sf 2 building suburban office campus with entitlements in Rancho Bernardo for additional 120,000 sf for LaSalle Investment Management
- Rio San Diego Plaza – a 189,000 sf class A suburban office building in Mission Valley for Prudential Real Estate
- Campus Point Tech – a 424,000 sf partially leased suburban technology/R&D building in San Diego for Qualcomm Inc.
- Mission City Corp Center – a 279,000 sf 3 building suburban office complex in Mission Valley for Maguire Properties