Mr. Jaggers is a managing director for JLL’s Valuation & Advisory Services platform in Kansas City, MO. Mr. Jaggers joined JLL through the acquisition of Integra Realty Resources Chicago in December of 2016. He was previously with IRR since May 1993. He oversees all appraisal and consulting activity conducted through the Kansas City office of JLL. He is responsible for completing appraisals on commercial properties of all types, primarily for institutional investors and for litigation. Mr. Jaggers' areas of specialty include development consulting, highest and best use feasibility analysis, and disposition consulting.
Portfolios managed include >800 office and retail properties for an investment bank, 34 apartment properties for a pension advisor, 19 office and flex industrial properties for a pension advisor, as well as numerous multiple property projects for eminent domain.
Mr. Jaggers started his career in commercial real estate in 1987 as an investment officer with a subsidiary of Metropolitan Life in Overland Park, KS then in the Washington, DC, and Boston, MA offices. In 1991, Mr. Jaggers joined BankBoston and supervised field and review appraisers for two years. Duties included quality control over acquired banks in Maine and Vermont.
He has worked on unique properties including the 1,140,000-square-foot IRS Processing Facility and the 600,000-square-foot Overland Park Trade Center exhibition hall. He has appraised the Corporate Woods Business Park in Overland Park, KS, which is the largest single investor owned real estate asset in the Kansas City area. Significant appraisal assignments include the Bank of America Plaza office tower – 30 stories with more than 850,000 square feet; One AT&T Center office tower – 42 stories with nearly 1.5 million square feet; the 13-story Blu City Spaces condominium; and Gateway Tower office high-rise.
Mr. Jaggers has provided expert testimony to a number of taxing authorities, city councils, boards of planning and zoning, commissioners’ hearings, and bodies providing public finance. His expertise is sought by the administrative bodies and by the private developers.
Affiliations and designations
• Appraisal Institute, Member (MAI)
• Appraisal Institute, Past President
• Westwood City Planning Commission, Past Member
• UMKC Bloch School, Past Lecturer and Judge
• Blue Springs EDC, Past Lecturer
• Real Estate Trends and Investment Criteria Annual Economic Forecasting Seminar, Past Presenter
• Licensed in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, Arkansas, and South Dakota
• Qualified before courts and administrative bodies in Circuit Court of Jackson County, MO; Kansas District Court, 7th Judicial District; State Tax Commission of Missouri; Kansas Board of Tax Appeals
• Chadron State College at Chadron, NE, Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Marketing Major, Business Administration Minor
• Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP), IRR Certified Reviewer Seminar
• Appraisal Institute courses and seminars in states in which he is licensed