Managing Director, Brokerage
Joe provides leadership in strategy, tactics and implementation to JLL partners and clients in the complex world of Government real estate. The Government Investor Service (GIS) team is closely linked with the best in class JLL market research. Together, they provide economic forecasting and thought leadership to both clients and internal JLL partners. Joe's seasoned navigation of the ever changing people and policies of Government bureaucracy provides his clients a unique expertise that is leveraged across the entire JLL platform. Based in Washington, DC, the GIS team is in constant interaction with the critical members of the Executive and Legislative branches of Government that influence Federal real estate events that impact JLL clients across the nation.
The Federal Government is the largest single occupier of commercial office space in the nation; and the power of that tenancy has direct impact on investor real estate decisions in Leasing, Investment Sales and Finance. Many of the critical elements of a Government Lease, Sale or Financing are different than traditional transactions. This creates both unexpected risks and rewards when dealing with the value a government created cash flow stream provides. Joe and the GIS team are unmatched in their skill and track record in advising JLL clients on the nuances associated with completing successful transactions in the Government real estate arena.
Leasing, Investment Sales, Financing, and Build-to-suits in the Government Sector
Years of experience
- Senior Vice President of Brokerage, Spaulding and Slye, Washington, DC
- Staff Assistant to the President, Office of Presidential Advance, The White House, Washington, DC
- United States Department of Defense, The Pentagon: Developed and implemented an immediate 1,000,000 square foot relocation of Pentagon employees immediately following the September 11th terrorist attacks.
- The United States Department of State: Development and implemented numerous significant transactions with the United States department of State, with various institutional owners.
- The United States Army: Advised the United States Army Corps of Engineers in the implementation of the Enhanced Use Lease (EUL) program on a national basis.
- United States General Services Administration: Developed and implemented a dual award of leases in Arlington, VA on behalf of the United States Department of Defense and the United States Department of State.
- National Transportation Safety Board NTSB: developed and implemented an award of the headquarters lease and conference facility in Washington, DC.
- United States Transportation Security Administration TSA: Engineered the lease award for the TSA headquarters facility in Arlington, Virginia.
- Loyola College | Bachelor of Business Administration
- George Washington University | Sponsored the Annual Brennan Luton at the Kennedy School on Business Ethics
- The Association of Defense Communities (ADC) – Member
- The City of Alexandria, Mayors BRAC Advisory Board – Board Member
- The Eisenhower Partnership – Board Member
- The Federal Real Property Association (FRPA) – Member
- National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP) – Member
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) – Member
- Georgetown University, Kennedy School of Ethics- Sponsor of the annual “Brennan Lecture” focusing on business ethics