Senior Director, Capital Markets
Joel Mendes is a Senior Director in JLL’s seniors housing capital markets team. Joel assists owners and operators nationwide with the financing and disposition of independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing facilities. Joel’s focus is on debt, equity, and investment sales advisory services for the acquisition, disposition, refinancing, construction, or renovation of seniors housing assets.
Joel has originated, structured, or underwritten more than 100 commercial real estate transactions and has focused on the seniors housing and care industry since 2007. He has spoken at numerous seniors housing conferences ranging from NIC conferences to state health care associations to lender conventions. Joel is also an active and published writer on seniors housing and finance topics.
Joel joined JLL in 2015 through JLL’s acquisition of Oak Grove Capital. Prior to joining Oak Grove Capital in 2012, Joel was a Vice President in Red Capital Group’s seniors housing, FHA/HUD, and balance sheet lending divisions. Joel began his career by completing formal credit training at LaSalle Bank in Chicago, followed by working in LaSalle’s commercial real estate lending division.
Duke University, Bachelor of Science in Economics, Certificate in Markets and Management
Affiliations and Awards
- National Investment Center (NIC) for Seniors Housing and Care Spring Planning Committee Vice Chair (2020)
- NIC Future Leaders Council Alumnus
- Argentum Workforce Development Committee Member
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s Grand Champions Club (2015-2018)
- Active member of the American Seniors Housing Association (ASHA) and Argentum
- Columbus Cancer Clinic YPG Executive Board Member (2012-2013)
- Ohio Licensed Real Estate Salesperson