Managing Director, Capital Markets
Joel is a Managing Director in the Dublin office of JLL Capital Markets, Americas. Joel assists owners and operators nationwide with the financing and disposition of independent living, assisted living, memory care, and skilled nursing facilities. Joel’s focus is on debt, equity, and investment sales advisory services for the acquisition, disposition, refinancing, construction, or renovation of seniors housing assets. Joel has closed more than 150 commercial real estate transacitons, including over $950 million in transactional volume since 2021.
Joel is also a frequent speaker and panel moderator, having led discussions at events ranging from NIC conferences to state health care associations to lender conventions. Joel joined JLL in 2015 through JLL’s acquisition of Oak Grove Capital. Prior to joining Oak Grove Capital in 2012, Joel was a Vice President in Red Capital Group’s seniors housing, FHA/HUD, and balance sheet lending divisions. Joel began his career by completing formal credit training at LaSalle Bank in Chicago, followed by working in LaSalle’s commercial real estate lending division.
Education and affiliations
• Duke University, B.S. in Economics, Certificate in Markets and Management
• National Investment Center (NIC) Spring Conference Planning Committee, Past Chair
• Argentum Workforce Development Committee and LEAD Steering Committee
• Walk to End Alzheimer’s Grand Champions Club
• Licensed Real Estate Salesperson, Ohio
• Seniors Housing
• Debt and Equity Advisory
• Investment Advisory