Managing Director, Capital Markets
Jay Wellschlager is a managing director in the Capital Markets Group for JLL, based in the Baltimore office. In this capacity, he has direct responsibility and oversight for the origination and execution of capital markets transactions across JLL's mid-Atlantic platform with a focus on office transactions in Baltimore and industrial transactions throughout the mid-Atlantic.
• Capital Markets
• Distressed Sales
Jay has marketed and sold over $2.6 Billion of commercial property offerings ranging across all product types with a strong focus on the industrial and office sectors within the mid-Atlantic region.
Prior to joining JLL, Jay was a Managing Director in the capital markets group within Cassidy Turley, with prior positions on office leasing teams, the corporate services group (national tenant representation), appraisal, research and property management departments.
These experiences coupled with a strong financial acumen provide him a deep knowledge base of market dynamics and property level fundamentals that he uses to extrapolate value on each transaction.
He has an in-depth understanding of property financials and cash flows, how nuances in revenue and expenses can drive value, an eye for detail and the ability to anticipate and mitigate “transaction pitfall” events prior to them occurring.
Jay takes a client advocate to each assignment and utilizes his strong intermediary and unique problem solving skills developed over the course of his 18 year career to effectively manage each sales assignment and maximize results.
Recent investment sales and clients served
• Concourse Office Portfolio, Linthicum, Maryland – 280,000 sf, COPT, $49.1M.
• Meadows Industrial Portfolio, Baltimore, Maryland – 431,000 sf, Colony Realty Partners, $22.4M
• 10 East Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland – 168,000 sf, Torchlight, $7.4M
• Mid-Atlantic 95 Industrial Portfolio, Woodbridge, VA, - 700,000 sf, Steuart Properties, $60M
• 5501 Corrugated Road, Richmond, VA, - 182,000 sf, SK Realty, $23.2M
• 9705 Patuxent Woods Dr, Columbia, MD – 115,000 sf, Clark Enterprises, $21.2M
• 3701 Koppers Dr, Baltimore, MD – 80,000 sf, Buccinni/Pollin, $10M
• One East Pratt Street, Baltimore, MD – 355,779 sf CBD Office, Griffith Properties, $58.75M
• 201 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD – 264,126 sf CBD Office, Stratford Realty Management, $19.7M
• 36. S Charles, Baltimore, MD – 294,274 sf CBD Office, Clark Enterprises, $26.1M
• Bellevue Corporate Park, Wilmington, DE – 305,480 sf Office Portfolio, Metzler, $61.5M
• Towson Commons, Towson, MD – 401,225 sf Mixed Use, Capmark Finance, $41M
• 2016 – JLL Top Performer
• 2007 - 2012 Baltimore Business Journal Heavy Hitter Award
• 2012 Cassidy Turley Edge Award - Top Capital Markets Professional
• 2011 & 2012 Cassidy Turley Top 100 Broker (Nationally)
• MBA, Finance Concentration, Loyola College in Maryland
• Bachelors Degree (Summa Cum Laude), University of Baltimore
• Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors (GBBR)
• National Association of Industrial and Office Professionals
• (NAIOP) Licensed Broker in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and North Carolina
- Baltimore, MD | United States