Executive Managing Director, Brokerage
James V. Cahill is the Managing Director in JLL’s Bethesda, Maryland office. He is an expert at developing comprehensive real estate strategies in support of his client’s business objectives.
A highly experienced real estate professional, James ensures that all necessary resources are available to his clients and that quality service is provided.
James has been an active practitioner in the Greater Washington, D.C. commercial real estate community since 1989. Prior to joining JLL, he was an Associate Vice President with The Donohoe Companies, a full service commercial real estate developer.
He started his career in real estate with The Charles E. Smith Companies, the area’s largest developer of office buildings. The experience Jim has gained while working on the Landlord’s behalf is an invaluable asset when now solely representing the interests of his corporate clients.
Acquisitions, Commercial Real Estate, Corporate Headquarters, High-Tech, Life Science / Bio-Tech, Telecommunications
Years of experience
James has provided national account support to clients such as Arbitron, Booz Allen Hamilton, SAIC, MCI and Scitor Corporation.
- Constellation Energy Group – 183,000 s.f. headquarters expansion and renewal
- Manugistics – 280,000 s.f. headquarters built-to-suit
- Roadrunner – 130,000 s.f. headquarters acquisition
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage – 200,000 s.f. expansion and renewal and 300,000 s.f. built-to-suit consolidation
- Booz Allen Hamilton – 165,000 s.f., 90,000 s.f., 77,000 s.f., 50,000 s.f. and 33,000 s.f. lease acquisitions
- Suburban Hospital Health Care – 130,000 s.f. built-to-suit
- MCI – 100,000 s.f. renewal
- CareerBuilder – 55,000 s.f. headquarters acquisition
- Fusion Systems, Inc. – 90,000 s.f. North American headquarters renewal
- SAIC – 120,000 s.f. and 80,000 s.f. acquisitions
James has been awarded the Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation by the Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute. CCIMs are recognized experts in the disciplines of commercial investment real estate.
The CCIM designation is awarded to professionals who have completed 240 hours of graduate-level courses in financial analysis, commercial brokerage, market analysis, tax planning, managing and marketing troubled assets, decision analysis and negotiation. He is a licensed commercial real estate agent in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
James has also been awarded the CoreNet, Mid-Atlantic – Service Provider of the year.
Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) – Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute
- North Bethesda, MD | United States
- +1 301 287 3237
License #: MD - 316719
- View LinkedIn profile