Herman E. Bulls
Vice Chairman, Americas International Director
Herman Bulls is Vice Chairman, Americas, as well as an International Director and the founder of JLL’s highly acclaimed Public Institutions which specializes in delivering comprehensive real estate solutions to federal, state and local governments, nonprofit organizations and higher education institutions. Mr. Bulls works with the firm’s largest public and corporate clients to devise and implement integrated real estate strategies to lower occupancy costs and increase productivity. During over 33 years at JLL, Mr. Bulls has worked in the areas of development, investment management, asset management, facilities operations and business development/retention. He provides thought leadership and strategic guidance to senior level executives. Mr. Bulls has served as an expert witness on real estate matters in court and testified before Congressional committees on real estate issues.
Mr. Bulls co-founded and served as President and CEO of Bulls Capital Partners, a multi-family financing company. Additionally, he founded Bulls Advisory Group, LCC, a management and real estate advisory firm. Prior to joining JLL, Mr. Bulls completed almost 12 years of active-duty service with the United States Army. His last active-duty assignments were working in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management at the Pentagon and as an Assistant Professor of Economics and Finance at West Point. He has completed the Army’s Airborne, Ranger and Command and General Staff College courses and served overseas in the Republic of Korea. He retired as a Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserves in 2008.
Mr. Bulls received a BS degree in engineering from the United States Military Academy at West Point and an MBA in finance from Harvard Business School.
Mr. Bulls serves on several public, private and not for profit boards. He is Chairman of Fluence Energy (NASDAQ: FLNC) and Vice Chairman of USAA. He is Vice Chairman of the West Point Association of Graduates and serves on the Department of Defense Policy Board. He also serves on the boards of Host Hotels (NASDAQ: HST), Comfort Systems, USA (NYSE: FIX) Collegis Education, the American Red Cross National Board of Governors, the Real Estate Advisory Committee for New York State Teachers’ Retirement System, and the Military Bowl- a NCAA sanctioned football bowl game played in the nation’s capital each December. Mr. Bulls former board service includes Tyco International, Exelis, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, American Campus Communities, and Rasmussen, Inc.
Mr. Bulls has received various awards including:
- 2022 Marriott School of Business Brigham Young University International Executive of the Year
- 2020 Executive Leadership Council Achievement Award
- 2020 Savoy Magazine Most Influential Black Directors in Corporate America
- 2018 Savoy Magazine Most Influential Blacks in Corporate America
- 2017 USAA National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Top 100
- 2017 USAA National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Fellow
- 2015 Morgan State University Apex Award
- 2009 Washington Business Journal Minority Business Leader Award
- 2008 Global Real Estate Diversity Conference Trail Blazer Award
- 2007 Commercial Real Estate News & Commercial Property News National Minority Leader of the Year
- 2007 African American Real Estate Professionals (AAREP) Passing the Torch Award