Harry Schoening’s expertise is providing strategic direction to leading Bay Area and national tenants in the law, financial services, technology, non-profit and public sector fields. Harry has been a leader in the San Francisco office for 15 years and leads JLL’s Public Institutions Group in the Bay Area. He adds value through extensive legal, negotiation and development experience. A consistent Top Achiever, Harry has leveraged his 30 years of real estate experience to close over 10 million sf of lease and sale transactions.
Harry has completed local HQ assignments for clients like FitBit (66,000 sf), Morgan Stanley (110,000 sf), Yahoo (120,000 sf), MCI (135,000 sf) and Sephora (110,000 sf) and received the SF Business Times Deal of the Year Award for a Fortune 5 company’s 270,000 sf HQ transaction. Prior to joining JLL, Harry and his partners restored over 1.5 million square feet of historic properties in Boston utilizing Investment Tax Credit and Historic Tax Credit mechanisms.
- Baker & McKenzie: 200,000 sf, San Francisco, and Palo Alto
- Bryan Cave; Ogletree & Deakins; Hunton & Williams: SF headquarters
- Cambridge Associates; Eisner Amper
- TPG; Booz & Co; Analysis Group Economics
- Transbay Joint Powers Authority: Transbay Terminal District advisory
- UCSF: Strategic advisory for growth of 6 million sf portfolio
- Marin County: Development Advisory/Acquisition: negotiated terms of 315,000 sf building purchase for County’s Emergency Operations Facility
- City of San Francisco: Moscone Convention Center expansion advisory; Treasure Island
- CalWellness Foundation, Equal Rights Advocates, Anti-Defamation League, Low Income Investment Fund, San Francisco Opera, College Access Foundation, Alonzo King LINES Ballet, Impact Community Capital, James Irvine Foundation, Lava Mae
- MCI / Sprint / Nextel: 900,000 sf, San Francisco, Silicon Valley Telco and Data Center transactions
Education and affiliations
Harry received his BA in International Relations from Brown University, his J.D. from New England School of Law and his L.L.M. Master’s degree in Tax Law from Boston University. He has earned the Top Achiever Award annually since joining the firm, and is a Mentor in the firm’s Mentor Program.
- Member: San Francisco America’s Cup Organizing Committee
- Development Advisor: Alonzo King LINES Ballet
- Founder: RiseHighSF, an intern program for at-risk youth