Gregg Fuerstenberg leads and manages government negotiations for office and industrial projects. He prides himself on strategically negotiating government assistance packages that directly reduce operating costs, provide realizable benefits, and foster lasting partnerships with communities. Through the utilization of cash grants, federal and state tax credits, tax exempt bonds, tax increment financing, and other government assistance, Gregg’s clients have achieved savings in excess of $500 million. Gregg utilizes his experience as an Attorney and Certified Public Accountant to understand the legal and business needs of clients. When Gregg is involved, government assistance is framed in the context of operational cost-savings, accounting for factors such as labor availability, logistic costs, development constraints, tax and regulatory impacts. Gregg manages projects from site selection through negotiation, compliance, and receipt of benefits (e.g. tax credit monetization, sales tax rebates, and employment tracking).
Prior to joining JLL, Fuerstenberg spent over six years as general counsel and auditor for the Minnesota Department of Transportation, and auditor of a regional public accounting firm. As general counsel, Gregg provided legal expertise on issues involving construction, real estate, claims, contract, fraud, corporate law, procurement, terminations, labor, employment, warranty, defect, insurance, debarments, and litigation.
Education and affiliation
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Gustavus Adolphus College
- Juris Doctor, William Mitchell College or Law
- Attorney (MN)
- Certified Public Accountant (MN)
- 2018 Rising Young Professional, Finance & Commerce
- 2017 Deal of the Year (Digi-Key fulfillment center), Finance & Commerce
- 2016 Impact Award (Stone Brewing Brewery), Richmond Real Estate Group
- Minneapolis, MN | United States
- +1 612 217 6721
- View LinkedIn profile
- Download bio (PDF - 419 KB)