Executive Managing Director
As a Executive Managing Director with JLL’s San Diego office, Grant Schoneman focuses on lease and sales transactions with a concentration in the life sciences market sector. Since 2007, he has actively worked with some of San Diego’s strongest biotechnology tenants and landlords. Grant’s intimate knowledge of the San Diego life sciences community and his attention to detail give him key insight into market trends that enable him to provide valuable guidance to his clients. He is an active member of JLL’s global life sciences practice group, serving as a brokerage co-chair on the leadership committee.
Grant has over thirteen years of experience in the San Diego life sciences market where he has worked with numerous biotech companies and landlords. Grant’s commercial brokerage career began in 2007 with Colliers International, where he worked on a three-person team that specialized in the San Diego life sciences market. Since joining JLL in 2010, Grant has continued to specialize in the life sciences sector, having completed over 200 transactions totaling more than 5.5 million square feet of lease and sale transactions with a value of over $800 million.
Education and Affiliations:
Grant holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Minnesota, where he attended on an Evans Scholarship. During his time as an Evans Scholar, Grant served as Administrative Vice President, Social Chair and Scholastic Chair and received acknowledgments that included, Senior of the Year and Chapter Representative for the National Committee meeting.
Grant and his wife have two children and are active members in their church, participating in various ministry opportunities throughout the city of San Diego.
Notable lease transactions include:
- Neurocrine-535,000 s.f.
- Illumina lease with BioMed Realty-316,000 s.f.
- Neurocrine lease with Kilroy Realty-229,000 s.f.
- Fate Therapeutics lease with Dart Interests-199,000 s.f.
- Millipore Sigma lease with RAF Pacifica-146,000 s.f.
- Human Longevity lease with Biomed Realty-125,000 s.f.
- AveXis lease with Phase 3 Real Estate Partners-105,000 s.f.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals sublease with STA Pharmaceuticals-98,000 s.f.
- Vertex lease with Biomed Realty-83,000 s.f.
- Boundless Bio lease-80,000 s.f.
- Gossamer Bio sublease with The Medicines Company-64,000 s.f.
- Precision Diagnostics lease with Biomed Realty-56,000 s.f.
- Heron Therapeutics lease with Phase 3 Real Estate Partners-52,000 s.f.
- Inovio lease with CW Capital-51,000 s.f.
- Polaris Pharmaceuticals lease with Alexandria-25,000 s.f.
- Ignyta lease with Biomed Realty-24,000 s.f.
- Kumqaut Biosciences lease with BioScience Properties-21,000 s.f.
- Encodia lease with Alexandria-15,000 s.f.
- Boundless Bio lease with Healthpeak Properties-10,000 s.f.