Gary D. Applestein
Gary joined JLL in 2016 as a Senior Vice President in the Baltimore region. He specializes in the leasing and sale of office properties as well as representing tenants throughout Maryland and multi-market assignments.
Gary represents regional and national corporations throughout the region and is recognized as a leading commercial real estate advisor among his peer competitors.
35 years of corporate and commercial real estate advisory experience
Negotiated over 750 leases; 4.0 Million SF of space; $600 Million in transaction value
Represents companies across a spectrum of industries, including Defense, Healthcare, Financial Services and Life Sciences
Significant experience in marketing for lease large scale Urban and Suburban office and R&D buildings
Awarded 2009 First Place Commercial Real Estate Broker by the Baltimore Business Journal
Significant lease and sale transactions
- Medical Pavilion at Howard County – 160,000 SF Leases
- ZeniMax Media Inc. – 260,000 SF Leases
- ADP, Inc. – 110,000 SF Lease and Sale
- SPARTA, Inc. – 67,000 SF Leases
- JJ McDonald – 60,000 SF Lease
- Maple Lawn Medical Building – 45,000 SF Lease and Sale
- 5500 East Lombard Street- 76,000 SF lease to Johns Hopkins Health System
- Chase Braxton Healthcare – 18,000 SF Lease at the Empire Medical Building
- GKV Advertising – 20,000 SF at McHenry Row
- 10700 Charter Drive – 20.6M 50,000 SF MOB sale to Healthcare REIT
- 200 Hospital Drive – 19M 76,000 SF MOB sale to American Hospital Investors/Griffin America
Representative clients and significant projects
- Kinsley Development – Represented Kinsley Development in the leasing of its 65,000 SF medical office space in Columbia , MD and the 60,000 SF lease to JJ McDonald
- Wexford Science & Technology – Represents Wexford and University of Maryland BioPark in its existing 300,000 SF lab space buildings and their new 250,000 SF building to be built in 2016.
- Ten Acres Business Trust – Represented Howard County General Hospital, Johns Hopkins Medicine and 11 independent healthcare practices in the leasing and build-to-suit of a 160,000 SF Medical Office Building in Columbia, MD. Currently consults for the project.
- Greenbaum Enteprises – Represents Greenbaum Enterprises at Maple Lawn, a 600 acre mixed use commercial and residential project. Lead broker in the leasing and sale of 45,000 SF of medical office space and new construction totaling 91,000 SF in the Midtown District.
- Welltower, Inc.-Represents Welltower a leading Healthcare REIT in two Columbia MOB projects including Knoll North and the Charter Medical Building totaling 200,000 SF
- Harbor Group International - Represents Harbor Group International in its 7 St Paul office Tower, a 378,000 SF office Tower in Baltimore MD.
- Greenfield Partners – Represents Greenfield Partners in in the leasing three (3) Baltimore Washington Corridor area office projects totaling 245,000 SF.
- BECO Management- Represents BECO in the leasing of BECO Towers in Owings Mills a 300,000 SF office campus.
- ZeniMax Media, Inc. – Represents ZeniMax Media, Inc., a global games design company, in large scale studio and call center space in Maryland, Texas, Montreal and Ireland
Education and affiliations
- Bachelor of Science, Business University of Maryland, College Park
- Masters of Business Administration & Finance, Loyola College of Baltimore
- Member of the Maryland Israel Development Council
Associate Broker - MD