Managing Director, Brokerage
With a background in corporate law, Derek Johnson utilizes the analytical and negotiation skills he developed as an attorney to assist corporate clients in achieving their desired real estate objectives. Derek’s strengths include strategic and tactical planning, and he specializes in helping high-growth technology start-ups in both Silicon Valley and San Francisco, and major law firms maximize flexibility relative to their occupancy needs.
- Square: 350,000 SF Oakland
- Atlassian: 300,000 SF San Francisco Bay Area
- Lyft: 500,000 SF San Francisco Bay Area
- 8x8:175,000 SF Campbell
- Nextdoor: 115,000 SF San Francisco
- Comcast: 110,000 SF Sunnyvale
- Twitter: 800,000 SF San Francisco
- Silver Spring Networks: 190,000 SF Santa Clara
- Sony PlayStation: 450,000 SF San Mateo
- Barnes & Noble: 208,000 SF Palo Alto
Education and Affiliations
Derek attended Hastings College of Law at the University of California where he acquired his law degree. While at the University of San Francisco, Derek served as Captain of the varsity baseball team, earning Academic All-American honors in each of his four playing years. Derek enjoys coaching little league sports and has served on various boards for El Cerrito Youth Baseball and Burlingame Youth Baseball, and Mission Hospice.