David C. Lyon is an Executive Director with JLL Value and Risk Advisory, and is a Co-Leader of the New York Tri-State office, based in Manhattan. Mr. Lyon has over 23 years of experience in the valuation industry. Mr. Lyon is primarily responsible for the management and oversight of the firm’s Industrial, Retail, and Office sector valuation assignments, staff management, and new business development.
Mr. Lyon’s vast appraisal experience has included a wide variety of income-producing properties within the Metropolitan New York and larger Northeast regions, as well as assignments completed on a nationwide basis and the Caribbean. Areas of particular expertise and specialization include large-scale office buildings; regional and community retail shopping centers, office condominiums, land development, and special-purpose facilities including marinas, air-side cargo facilities, and horse farms. In addition to his expertise in the office and retail industry, Mr. Lyon has extensive experience in the appraisal of major multi-family rental; cooperative, and condominium facilities; proposed sub-divisions; vacant residential and commercial land; scheduled development sites; industrial properties, and feasibility and market studies. Mr. Lyon also provides and consulting services for tax certiorari and commercial arbitration cases, as well estate and trust valuation.
- B.A., LeMoyne College, Syracuse, New York
- New York University, NY, NY (Certificate in the Appraisal of Investment Properties)
- Appraisal Institute (Candidate for MAI Designation – All educational, experience, and demonstration report requirements have been completed)
- Urban Land Institute
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Qualified as an expert witness in the United States Bankruptcy Court
- Approved New York State Supervisory Appraiser
Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in :
- New York