Christopher T. Roeder
International Director & Brokerage Lead - San Francisco
Chris is a corporate real estate advisor who oversees the 40+ person brokerage team at JLL in San Francisco. He primarily represents institutional landlords and tenants throughout the city’s 85 million square foot commercial office sector.
Since joining the firm in 2007, Chris has consistently been considered and awarded as one of the top brokers in the United States. He has over 25 years of experience with devising strategic leasing plans for San Francisco’s largest and most active institutional investors, helping create new submarkets such as Mid-Market, The Presidio and SOMA, and executing some of the largest and most complicated transactions over the last 2 decades in San Francisco.
Chris is consistently recognized for his expertise in commercial real estate advisory and transaction execution and was recently awarded the Champion of Excellence award by JLL for his lifetime achievements.
- #1 Broker in the Bay Area, San Francisco Business Times (SFBT) , 2018
- Top 2 Broker in California, Connect Media, 2018 & 2019
- Largest lease in San Francisco history, SFBT, Facebook at Park Tower (John Buck/Metlife), 755,000 RSF, 2018
- Lease of the Year, NAIOP, Salesforce at 350 Mission (Kilroy), 450,000 RSF, 2012
- Development of the Year, NAIOP, 680 Folsom (TMG/Macy’s/Riverbed), 500,000 RSF, 2012
- Investment Transaction of the Year, NAIOP, 1275 Market (TMG/Divco/Dolby), 400,000 RSF, 2012
- Deal of the Year, Lease of the Year and Community Impact of the Year, SFBT, Market Square (Twitter/Shorenstein), 800,000 RSF, 2011.
Education and affiliations
- University of San Diego, BA in Business Administration, 1993
- Board of Directors, San Francisco Boys & Girls Club, 2010-present
- Past President, The Guardsmen, 2009-2010
- Council Member, Fisher Center for Real Estate, Policy Advisory Board, 2013-present
Chris is a San Francisco Bay Area native and lives in Marin County with his wife Stephanie, son Jack (12) and daughter Emerson (9). He loves the San Francisco Giants and 49ers, the Golden State Warriors, enjoys ski weekends with his family at Squaw Valley, attempting to play golf at the Meadow Club, and hiking and biking Mount Tamalpais.