Chris Kraus is a Managing Director based in JLL’s Midtown Manhattan office. He advises his clients in the development and implementation of real estate strategic plans that lead to real estate transactions that support their occupancy objectives, as well as their risk management requirements. While Chris focuses on tenant representation in Manhattan and the Tri-State area, he has numerous clients with national or international portfolios who he serves through JLL’s international platform. He has been a leading broker in New York City for over 30 years. Experience Prior to The Staubach Company’s 2008 merger with JLL, Chris worked for six years as a Principal with Staubach.
Prior to joining Staubach, he founded and worked at MarketPlayer.com, an equity investment website of which CNBC owned 25%. Prior to working at MarketPlayer.com, he spent over 13 years as a broker with Cushman & Wakefield.
- Marsh & McLennan: 324,000-r.s.f. lease for a five-office consolidation at 155 North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL
- General Re: 310,000-r.s.f. lease for headquarters relocation to 120 Long Ridge Road, Stamford, CT
- Mitsubishi International: 118,000-r.s.f. lease for headquarters restructure and expansion at 655 Third Avenue, New York, NY
- American Arbitration Association: 90,000-r.s.f. lease for headquarters relocation to 120 Broadway, New York, NY
- Bessemer Trust: 88,000-r.s.f. lease extension and expansion at 100 Woodbridge Center Drive, Woodbridge, NJ
- Waterfall Asset Management: 70,000-r.s.f. lease for headquarters relocation and disposition at 1140 & 1251 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
- Estée Lauder: 60,000-r.s.f. lease extension and expansion at 110 East 59th Street, New York, NY
- ABN AMRO Bank: 54,000-r.s.f. lease for North American headquarters extension and expansion at 100 Park Avenue, New York, NY
- Steelcase: 47,000-r.s.f. lease restructure and extension at 4 Columbus Circle, New York, NY
- Burberry: 45,000-r.s.f. lease for headquarters relocation to 11 West 42nd Street, New York, NY
- International Council of Shopping Centers: 44,000-r.s.f. lease for headquarters relocation to 1251 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
- Hahn & Hessen: 44,500-r.s.f. lease renewal at 488 Madison Avenue, New York, NY
- W. R. Berkley Insurance: 43,000-r.s.f. lease for a six-office consolidation at 757 Third Avenue, New York, NY
- Kingdon Capital: 41,000-r.s.f. lease extension and expansion at Carnegie Tower/142 West 57th Street, New York, NY
Chris was the recipient of the National Association of Industrial and Office Properties’ Fairfield County Lease of the Year for the relocation of General Re’s headquarters.
Education and Affiliations
Chris received a bachelor of science with a double major in finance and marketing and a minor in international relations from Lehigh University.
He is a member of the Real Estate Board of New York, Vice Chair of the Board of Democracy Prep Public Schools, and a member of the Board of Friends of Bronx Prep. He was formerly on the Executive Committee of The Goodman Center for Real Estate at Lehigh University and is still an active participant in the program.
Chris formerly served on the Elon University Parents’ Committee and The Spence School Parents’ Committee.
A resident of Manhattan since 1985, Chris is also a member of the Central Park Conservancy, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Natural History, New York Botanical Garden, New York Athletic Club and Wildlife Conservation Society