Managing Director, Brokerage
Chris Bynum is a Managing Director at JLL specializing in formulating custom real estate strategies to achieve savings for corporations, law firms, consulting firms, associations, nonprofit and quasi government organizations.
In this capacity, he represents client’s needs in Washington, DC and around the country in structuring complex real estate transactions, strategic planning, lease and purchase acquisitions/disposition, relocations, renegotiations and portfolio consolidations/re-alignment of commercial office space.
Years of experience
• National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) – Represented Amtrak in their Washington, DC headquarters negotiation for 245,000 s.f. consisting of two locations. Additional assignments have occurred in Orlando, Boston, Indianapolis, Philadelphia, Linden NJ, New York City, Seattle, Raleigh, Wilmington, DE, Oakland, Denver, and Riverside CA.
• American Wind Energy Association - Represented this national trade association in leasing 32,000 s.f. of office space that could accommodate their LEED certified headquarters needs.
• Mandiant Corporation: Responsible for the international representation of this fast growth high tech company. Assisted Mandiant with negotiations for their Washington headquarters and locations in Reston, New York City, Albuquerque, Los Angeles and Dublin.
• Radio Free Asia: Represented this quasi-governmental organization in the negotiation for their headquarters in Washington; 82,000 s.f.
• Johns Hopkins University/Johns Hopkins Medicine – Assisted the University in the acquisition and negotiation of a master lease for an 89,560 s.f. building to aid in the growth of their Washington, DC campus. In addition, multiple other assignments have been completed in downtown Washington, DC and Montgomery County.
• RARE Conservation – Assisted this nonprofit organization with the site selection and negotiation for their Washington headquarters.
• Foley Hoag LLP – Managed the acquisition and negotiations for the law firm’s Washington, DC office; 35,000 s.f.
• INOVA Health Systems - Assignments have included advisory for the acquisition of land for health care facilities, build-to-suit lease acquisition/analysis, building acquisitions, disposition of surplus real estate and the creation and implementation of a strategy for INOVA’s administrative offices and healthcare facilities.
• KPMG: Represented KPMG in the renewal/relocation for their Washington, DC offices in Tysons Corner for 100,000 s.f. and downtown Washington, DC for 130,000 s.f.
• Comcast Corporation: Responsible for multiple negotiations totaling 180,000 sf for this corporation in Washington, DC.
• Thales, USA: Represents this international company on all of their U.S. real estate needs. Assignments include; strategy and national service delivery of applicable service lines, jurisdictional incentive negotiation and real estate portfolio consolidation.
Chris received JLL’s Most Valuable Player Award in 2008. For the past 10 years Chris has been nationally recognized as the top 10% revenue producers in the U.S. for JLL.
Chris received his B.S. in Economics from George Mason University.