Managing Director, National Practice Co-Lead - Affordable Housing
Owen S. “Chip” Ard serves as an Executive Vice President in JLL's Valuation & Advisory Services (VAS) in the South Central region of The United States. Actively engaged in real estate valuation and consulting assignments since 1984, Mr. Ard has performed appraisal services consisting of narrative and summary real estate appraisals, ad valorem tax protests, consulting, litigation support services, market and feasibility studies, reviews, market study analyses and appraisals in connection with allocation of state and federal tax credits. All types of real property are encompassed including multifamily, theaters, hotel/motel, multi-purpose, high rise and garden office buildings, manufacturing facilities, warehousing and distribution centers, banks, shopping centers, residential subdivisions, and industrial parks. Mr. Ard also specializes in valuation and market studies for use in the HUD Multifamily Accelerated Processing (MAP) program and various other affordable housing programs. Valuations and market studies have been prepared on proposed, partially completed, renovated and existing structures. Mr. Ard also has extensive experience in estate and partial interest valuation as well as condemnation purposes for public agencies. Clients served include corporations, law firms, financial institutions, investment firms and public/private agencies.
Prior to joining JLL in late 2016, Mr. Ard was with a national valuation firm, where he most recently served as Senior Managing Director overseeing the Tulsa and Oklahoma City offices. Mr. Ard recently oversaw and administered the 2015/2016 Oklahoma Statewide Housing Needs Assessment commissioned by the Oklahoma Housing Finance Agency and the Oklahoma Department of Commerce, which was completed in cooperation with the University of Oklahoma College of Architecture – Division of Regional and City Planning.
Affiliations and designations
• Appraisal Institute, Member (MAI)
• Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Texas
• University of Tulsa – Bachelor of Science (Business Administration)
• Successfully completed numerous real estate related courses and seminars sponsored by the Appraisal Institute, accredited universities and others.
• Currently certified by the Appraisal Institute’s program of continuing education for its designated members.
Qualified Before Courts and Administrative Bodies
• United States Federal Bankruptcy Court, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma