Charlie is a corporate real estate advisor at JLL in San Francisco. He primarily represents institutional landlords and developers throughout the city’s 85 million square foot commercial office sector.
Charlie Hanafin joined JLL in 2015, working primarily with the Agency Leasing Group, representing developers and landlords in ground-up developments and institutionally-owned trophy office buildings in San Francisco. In Charlie’s 8 years in the real estate industry (all with JLL), he has quickly become regarded as one of the top agency brokers in San Francisco executing many of the largest transactions in recent years. Charlie is consistently tapped for his expertise in development advisory and development transaction execution. Prior to JLL, Charlie was an analyst at Talon Private Capital, a leading real estate private equity firm based in Seattle. While at Talon, he provided analytical support to the acquisitions, leasing and executive teams.
Recognition & Highlights:
- Largest lease in San Francisco history, Facebook @ Park Tower, 756,000 RSF, 2018
- Real Estate Deal of Year San Francisco, SF Business Times, March 2018
- Real Estate Deal of Year Oakland, SF Business Times, March 2020
- Maverick of the Year, JLL National Award, 2021
- Rookie of the Year, JLL National Award, 2016
- Meta (Facebook) – 756,000 rsf – Park Tower
- Credit Karma – 186,000 rsf – The Key
- Sigma – 82,000 rsf – 116 New Montgomery
- Kiaser – 62,000 rsf – 939 Ellis Street
- Represented Landlord’s in lease transactions with FB, GOOG, MSFT, AMZN and CRM.
Partial Client List:
- Brookfield Properties
- Columbia Pacific Advisors
- Conner Properties
- Ellis Partners
- Equity Office
- Long Market Property Partners
- MetLife, Inc.
- Mitsui Fudosan
- RFR Realty
- TA Associates
- The John Buck Company
- Urban Visions
Education and affiliations:
- Santa Clara University, Double Major in Finance & Math, 2015
- Next Generation Counsel, San Francisco Boys & Girls Club, 2016 – present
- Belden Board of Directors, 2017 – 2019
- The Guardsmen, 2021 – Present
Charlie was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. He likes listening to Kenny Chesney, the Seattle Mariners, water-skiing on Lake Washington, powder days on Ajax and golden retrievers.