Charlie is a corporate real estate advisor at JLL in San Francisco. He primarily represents institutional landlords and developers throughout the city’s 85 million square foot commercial office sector.
Charlie Hanafin joined JLL in 2015, working primarily with the Agency Leasing Group, representing developers and landlords in ground-up developments and institutionally-owned Class A office buildings in San Francisco. Over the past 5 years, he has successfully implemented several unique asset strategy programs including development & redevelopment marketing campaigns, re-positioning for value-add investors as well as occupancy cost-savings initiatives for pension fund ownership groups. Charlie is consistently tapped for his expertise in development advisory and development transaction execution. Prior to JLL, Charlie was an analyst at Talon Private Capital, a leading real estate private equity firm based in Seattle. While at Talon, he provided analytical support to the acquisitions, leasing and executive teams.
Recognition & highlights
• Largest lease in San Francisco history, SFBT, Facebook @ Park Tower (John
Buck/ MetLife), 756,000 RSF, 2018
• Credit Karma @ The Key (Ellis Partners / Intercontinental), 185,000 RSF, 2019
• Currently represents over 5.5M RSF of development product (Brookfield’s Pier
70, TMG’s Telegraph Tower, Urban Vision’s The Net, The Jack, and S, 1 Vassar
and URW’s Westfield Centre)
• Represented Landlord’s in lease transactions with FB, GOOG, MSFT, AMZN,
Education and affiliations
• Santa Clara University, Double Major in Finance & Math, 2015
• Next Generation Counsel, San Francisco Boys & Girls Club, 2016 – present
• Belden Board of Directors, 2017 – 2019
• The Guardsmen
Charlie was born and raised in Seattle, Washington. He likes listening to Kenny
Chesney, the Seattle Seahawks, water-skiing on Lake Washington, Dawg
Saturdays, powder days on Ajax and golden retrievers.