Byron Foss, MCR
Executive Vice President
Byron Foss is an Executive Vice President in JLL’s Orange County office. He
specializes in the representation of North American based corporations and
property owners. His education and experience in the intensely competitive
world of professional and intercollegiate athletics helped prepare him for his
career in commercial brokerage.
In order to achieve clients’ goals, Byron implements client-centered strategies
through the development, planning and execution of real estate solutions.
Byron stresses the importance of bringing the required intellectual capital
to every transaction. He has established a highly capable group of senior
professionals who are skilled in the areas of transaction management,
consulting services, workplace strategy, sustainability, project and facility
management, lease administration and complex financial analysis.
Byron has a bachelor’s degree from the Southern Methodist University, Dallas.
While attending SMU, he was a member of the SMU Soccer Team achieving
First Team all American and Player of the Year status. He continued his athletic
career for four years as a member of the Colorado Rapids of Major League
Byron lives in Newport Beach with his wife Courtenay, two daughters, Lillie
and Evie and son Bennett. He enjoys golf and mountain biking in his free time
and remains active in various charitable organizations and his SMU alumni
• 2017 - Present: Executive Vice President, JLL
• 2012 - 2017: Managing Director, Newmark Grubb Knight Frank
• 2011 - 2012: Associate Vice President, Grubb & Ellis Company
• 2010 - 2011: Senior Associate, Grubb & Ellis Company
• 2006 - 2010: Associate, Grubb & Ellis Company
• Bachelor’s Degree, Southern Methodist University (2004)
Select awards and recognition
• Gold Achiever, JLL (2018, 2019)
• Recognition as one of Tomorrow’s Leaders in Southern California - Real Estate
• Master of Corporate Real Estate, CoreNet Global (2013)
• CoreNet Global Member
• SMU Business Professionals, Orange County