Senior Managing Director
Bill Prutting is a Managing Director within JLL's Capital Markets group and leads the firm’s office investment sales practice in the Mid-Atlantic region.
A 24-year veteran of the Metropolitan Washington, DC commercial real estate industry, Bill has completed nearly 100 transactions valued at over $6.5 billion totaling 18 million square feet.
Bill has led some of the region’s highest profile and most complex capital markets assignments, and is a three-time awardee of Metropolitan Washington’s sale transactions of the year for 1999 K Street, Lincoln Square and Presidential Tower. I
n 2012, Bill received the Finance Transaction of the Year award for the $700 million CityCenterDC equity financing, the largest ever completed in Washington.
Prior to his capital markets career, Bill was recognized as one of Washington’s most successful tenant/landlord representation brokers having represented tenants such as McKinsey & Company, Toyota, Omnicom Group and landlords such as Prudential, AEW, Morgan Stanley in executing over 150 leases totaling $2 billion in aggregate value.
Bill combines his unmatched asset marketing background gleaned from his leasing expertise, strong financial skills enabling creativity in structuring transactions, a command of real-time office market trends, strong foreign and domestic capital markets relationships and strong client communication ensuring successful outcomes for his clients
• American Real Estate Partners
• American Realty Advisors
• Beacon Capital
• Clarion Partners
• CBRE Global Investors
• Falcon Real Estate
• Foulger Pratt
• GLL Real Estate Partners
• James Campbell Company
• JP Morgan
• KBS Realty Advisors
• Lowe Enterprises
• Morgan Stanley
• Northwestern Mutual Life
• Paramount Group
• Principal Global Investors
• Prudential Real Estate Advisors
• Ruben Capital Mgmt
• TA Associates
• TFI-The First Investor
• 2011 – Finance Transaction of the Year – CityCenter DC, $700 Million Financing
• 2009 – #1 Sales Volume – Maryland; #4 Sales Volume - Virginia
• 2009 – Sales Transaction of the Year-1999 K Street, Washington, DC
• 2006 – Sales Transaction of the Year-Presidential Tower-Crystal City
• 2005 – Sales Transaction of the Year- Lincoln Square, Washington, DC
• 2005 – CBRE Top 200 Global Producer
• 2003 – 2005, 2009, 2011 - GWCAR Top Ten Producer
Bill holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from UNC-Greensboro.
• Currently licensed in the District of Columbia, Virginia and Maryland
• Member of the Urban Land Institute (ULI)
• Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors (GWCAR) – Former President