Alison Flynn Gaffney, FACHE
Division President, JLL Healthcare
As the President of JLL’s Healthcare Solutions business, Alison Flynn Gaffney is responsible for leading and evolving our products and services to meet the needs of health systems while developing and delivering scalable real estate solutions to improve the customer, patient and team experience. Alison leads a team of more than 2,300 professionals nationwide whose focus is to improve client outcomes through real estate and facilities management. With over 30 years of executive-level business experience in the field of healthcare, Alison has unique insight as to how healthcare organizations can improve patient and team experience, mitigate risk, and improve financial performance through their real estate portfolio.
As a leader in the healthcare industry, Alison came to JLL from the University of Utah Health in Salt Lake City. As COO (i), Alison was focused on growth, culture, strategic planning, and initiatives to support and enhance patient & stakeholder experience, quality, and financial strength across the system. Prior to her role as COO (i), she held the position of Executive Director University Hospital, Service Lines, and System Planning with a focus on operations, space, and strategic planning. Prior to the University of Utah Health, Alison held various operations positions with other well-known healthcare organizations.
Alison is a seasoned and versatile communicator, board-certified in healthcare management, and highly skilled in system integration, strategy and execution, supply chain, and corporate reputation management. A tenacious financial executive, she is known for measurably impacting P & L’s of hundreds of millions of dollars while maintaining, if not improving, overall productivity and satisfaction.
Alison regularly speaks at healthcare conferences, has moderated panel discussions for organizations such as the American College of Healthcare Executives, and has served as an Adjunct Professor and Guest Lecturer at numerous colleges and universities including the Department of Management, David Eccles School of Business, University of Utah, Department of Health Care Programs, Iona University Hagan School of Business and the Sloan Program in Healthcare Administration, Cornell University.
Education, Affiliations, and Publications
Alison holds a Master of Science degree and Bachelor of Science degree in Health Services Administration from Iona University
- Mentor, Executive Sponsor, Voting Board Member, and Chair/Co-Chair of various Committees with the University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics and the University of Utah
- Inaugural Board Member, Women Who Succeed, (2021-present)
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Intermountain Area Board Member (2016-2022) and 2021 Board Volunteer of the Year Honor – Presented: May 2022
- 2021 Top 100 Women in Medicine – Women We Admire – Presented: November 2021
- 2020 Utah Senior-Level Healthcare Executive of the Year Award – Utah Healthcare Executives-ACHE Utah Chapter – Salt Lake City, UT. Presented: January 2021
- Awarded - 2020 Women of the Year, Utah Business
- Chairperson, ACHE Management Series Editorial Board (2018-2019), Board Member, (2016-2018)
- Past President, Healthcare Leaders of New York (2014)
- 2012 Empire State Healthcare Leadership Award – Hurricane Irene Response, New York State Department of Health, Commissioner Nirav R. Shah– Presented: August 2012