Mobile App Privacy statement
Who we are
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. You can find out more about us at https://www.us.jll.com/en/about-jll.
Our commitment to privacy
We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. This Mobile App Privacy Statement explains how we do that. It sets out what we do with the personal information we hold, how we protect it, and it explains your privacy rights (if applicable). Our approach to the management and usage of personal information is outlined in our Privacy Commitment.
If we change this Mobile App Privacy Statement
JLL may update this Mobile App Privacy Statement from time to time. When we do this, the revised statement will be posted on this page. You should check this page from time to time to review any changes we have made.
The personal information we collect:
When we collect personal information in the Mobile Apps we provide, we are open about how we will use it.
Categories of Personal Data
- Contact details – name, work address, work phone, work email, etc.
- Location data – phone’s GPS position, Wi-Fi SSID, office location, etc.
- Professional data – business title, position, organization, chain of command, etc.
- User commands – voice commands and transcriptions, text commands, etc.
- User history – scheduled calendar events and attendees, in-app actions, device info, browser history, etc.
- User preferences – preferences around dining, seating, meeting, etc.
Our legal basis for collecting and processing your personal information
We rely upon a number of different legal bases for collecting and processing personal information. These include processing personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, or where this is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract, provided we are allowed to collect information by law. Where we rely on our legitimate interests, this means that we use personal information to run our business or to provide the services we have been asked to provide. We collect information that has been provided voluntarily by you or on your behalf. If you do not provide us with information we need, we may be unable to offer certain products and services.
The purposes for which we use your personal information
- We use your personal information in compliance with all the relevant laws and may use it in one or more of the following ways:
- To establish, execute or terminate an App download with you.
- To respond to your requests.
- To inform you of updates and new features to the App from JLL that may be of interest to you. We may assess your interest in and functionality of our App by logging and analyzing your use of the App.
- We may use your location data and voice recordings to enable you to use our mobile apps.
- We may capture mobile aggregated interaction logs in production systems (anonymized, aggregate only) to improve our App.
Whom we share personal information with
We may share your personal information with:
- JLL employees who require it to perform their jobs.
- Other entities of the JLL group that help us deliver our services.
- Organizations that support the products or services we provide to you.
- Anyone you give us permission to share it with.
- Official bodies to detect and prevent criminal activity; e.g. money laundering, theft, fraud, terrorism, cybercrime.
JLL will not sell your personal information to a third party for valuable consideration.
Where we keep and process your information
We might transfer and store the information we collect from you outside the country of origin. It may be processed by staff or our suppliers outside your country. When we do this, we aim to make sure the information is secure and properly protected. We do this by means of adequacy decisions or appropriate safeguards. (e.g. Privacy Shield/Standard Contractual Clauses)
Keeping your information safe
We commit to deploying and maintaining appropriate security to protect personal information wherever it is located, and whether it is in electronic or manual form. To do this we may use a variety of mechanisms depending on where the information is stored and the relationship between JLL and any recipient organizations.
Where applicable you may have the following rights over your personal information:
Request a copy of the information we hold
You can ask for the personal information we hold about you. To do so please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In most cases there is no charge for us providing this information to you. You can also ask for information that you have provided to us in an electronic format.
Ask us to not use your information
If for any reason you do not want us to hold or use your information, please contact us by email at email@example.com. We may need to keep some of your information for legal and business reasons, such as to comply with a regulatory requirement.
Have your information corrected
If you think the personal information we hold is wrong, contact your JLL contact and we will check and correct it if necessary. We are committed to holding personal information that is accurate, relevant and current.
How long we keep your information
We endeavor to keep your information only for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely. If you would like to find out if your personal information can be deleted, please contact us.
How to complain
If you need to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. if you are unhappy with how we deal with your complaint, you can contact your Data Protection Authority or the equivalent in your state or country if applicable.
How else to contact us:
If you have any other questions about your personal information please contact us by email at email@example.com.
For all enquiries not relating to your Personal Information please contact us.
Version V1.0 – 28 November 2019