Vallco Town Center
Vallco Town Center is a new, ground-up 5,000,000 square foot mixed-use retail, office and residential urban village covered by a 20-acre green rooftop park marking it as one of the most architecturally distinctive destinations in the country.
5,000,000 square foot mixed-use retail, office and residential
Vallco Town Center is a new, ground-up 5,000,000 square foot mixed-use retail, office and residential urban village covered by a 20-acre green rooftop park marking it as one of the most architecturally distinctive destinations in the country. Vallco Town Center is being developed on the former regional mall site in Cupertino, CA adjacent to Apple’s corporate headquarters serving both its local community and a superregional customer base attracting patrons from one of the most affluent submarkets in the nation. It will include approximately 400,000 SF of retail, 1,900,000 square feet of office and 2,402 residential units including 1,201 below market rate apartment rentals, 508 market rate apartments, 70 co-living units, and 623 luxury and super luxury for sale condos. Vallco Town Center is currently under construction for delivery of the first phase of the project scheduled for the first quarter of 2024.
The National Retail Development team has been engaged by the developer, Sand Hill Property Company to provide retail and mixed-use development consulting expertise in a wide-ranging array of services:
- Engagement in the architectural design process working with the developer and project architect, Raphael Viñoly Architects focusing on retail/mixed-use design and its integration with residential, parking, plazas and common area and rooftop elements from completion of Schematic Design and Design Development, to advising on the Construction Documentation set including storefront design, signage criteria and the creation of a Tenant Design Criteria Manual.
- Complete Merchandising Strategy and Placemaking analysis for the various project components including a retail and mixed-use districting plan, access and wayfinding.
- Development of a retail revenue and expense model, parking demand and shared use analysis and utility matrix.
- Consulting on all aspects of retail infrastructure and utility design including loading, utility run, facilitation and sizing, restaurant venting accommodation, vertical transportation and other back of house operational planning.
- Preparation of retail work letter construction exhibits and supporting LOD documentation for project leasing.
- Involvement/advisement in the development of project branding (retail and sitewide) including creation of an off-site marketing sales center and project marketing materials.
- Complete market analysis including demographic, psycho-graphic research and geo-fencing analytics.
- Involvement in the creation of a leasing strategy with project brokers including formation of a standard LOI and advisory input on lease transactions.
- Analysis and advisement on the impacts of Covid-19 as it relates to future behavioral changes and accommodating design adaptation strategies.
- Development and integration of an enhanced sitewide promotional platform and branded environment.
A vibrant city center of everchanging character
Vallco Town Center is equal parts social epicenter and vacation reprieve. Resort style, five-star luxury, all inclusive hospitality living, a collaborative work environment where inspiration meets invention and retail providing the connective tissue that bring it all together. Its indoor/outdoor design from vibrant interior spaces to plaza activation and outdoor dining, to its vertical engagement from concierge in the below grade parking to cocktails or yoga on the rooftop, the retail at Vallco Town Center will facilitate culinary destinations to suit every taste and occasion, unique entertainment that encourages friendly competitive socializing, health and fitness to reinvigorate the soul and shops that engage and encourage a sense of exploration.