Dynamic cleaning optimization leads to healthy and efficient spaces
Our client, a large global bank, was faced with the challenge of complying with Covid-19 health & safety standards while still optimizing operations and saving costs. The solution: dynamic cleaning.
15% reduction in overall time spent cleaning underutilized spaces
A large global banking client increased facility cleaning due to COVID-19. The client wanted to ensure their spaces were clean and employees felt comfortable coming to the office. However, the client needed to balance costs and occupancy was low and often fluctuated.
The client recognized the need for better utilization of data to inform changes to their cleaning protocols.
JLL’s dynamic cleaning solution was implemented to provide real-time data and insights required to change the cleaning strategy to improve cleaning productivity, saving time and money, while balancing client needs for employee experience, health and safety.
Sensors monitoring temperature, door swing counts, air quality, and employee feedback were placed throughout the space. Real-time data, transmitted via cellular networks, was provided to both the FM and janitorial staff, enabling them to leverage the insights to guide daily activities and adjust schedules to align with trends in occupancy and spaces used.
- A dashboard indicated which occupancy sensors were activated, allowing the team to clean only the desks that had been used and reduce the cleaning of underutilized spaces
- During periods of low occupancy, day porters reduced restroom coverage and repurposed time for other activities that drove value for the client (e.g. Added support for return to work)
- Daytime janitorial staff received automated alerts triggered by spot cleaning and restocking needs
- 15% reduction in overall time spent cleaning underutilized spaces via dynamic monitoring of building needs during the evening shift and alert-based service during the day porter shift.
- The data provided a clear view of space utilization to influence future janitorial processes.
- Optimization of shifts and routes, as occupancy changes through a to return-to-work program.
- Changes to janitorial scheduling and assignments for more targeted cleaning outcomes.
- Ensure cleaning productivity through technology to support savings and efficiency goals.