Urban Logistics – changing distribution needs
Online shopping growth has changed the way e-commerce companies are looking at their distribution networks.
e-commerce Retailer, Logistics & Parcel Delivery, and Paper & Packaging’s total share of tenant demand in 2020
- The projected demand for e-commerce tenant requirements is only exacerbating the need for usable, urban distribution centers, exacerbated by the continuing growth of the urban population in the U.S.
- e-commerce demand has reached 18.3 percent of all demand in 2020, compared to 8.8 percent in 2019.
- Expected e-commerce leasing activity for 2020 is over 50 percent of all JLL industrial leases, compared to 35 percent prior to this year.
- Roughly a fifth of Traditional Retailers need immediate e-commerce space in 2020.
- The share of urban U.S. population is growing, now at 82.5 percent, up from 78.7 percent over the past 20 years. This is a steady trend upward.