San Francisco’s 50,000 + SF leasing activity
October 29, 2018
- Since 2014, there have been 166 leases larger than 50,000 sf.
- 72 of the 166 leases have been larger than 100,000 sf.
- 2017 set the record with 18 transactions greater than 100,000 sf. Some of the notable transactions from 2017 include: Salesforce and Accenture at 415 Mission (Salesforce Tower), DropBox at 1800 Owens (The Exchange) and Okta at 100 First Street.
- Leasing activity has not slowed down in 2018 with 15 leases over 100,000 SF, including the largest lease in San Francisco history at 250 Howard.
- New developments have accounted for a significant portion of large leasing activity with nearly all recent and upcoming developments delivering 100% leased. The only development not currently preleased is 50 First Street
Source: JLL Research