Biotechnology & Software lead Raleigh-Durham funding
Region takes in at least half trillion dollars annually
August 17, 2020
Venture Capital funding by region
Venture Capital funding 2016-2020
- Fortnite maker Epic Games accounted for over 30% of all VC funding attracted to the Triangle since 2016, $1.25B.
- Bolstered by Epic, the Software sector pulled in $1.29B of the $4.13B venture capital funding that entered the region between 2016-2020.
- Over the past five years $933M was targeted toward the Biotechnology industry.
- In conjunction with the Biotechnology industry, $380M in funding went toward the Health Care sector
- The Data and Analytics sector saw $273M in funding over the last five years.
- Pendo became the Triangle’s latest unicorn ($1B+ Valuation) with their $100M Series E round in 2019.