Mobility increases as restrictions lifted in Raleigh
Commuters, Workers, and Shoppers re-emerging as mobility increases
June 22, 2020
Mobility by transportation method
- As the Charlotte metro and North Carolina entered into Stay at Home Orders mobility data shows a dramatic decrease in movement.
- According to Apple Maps data, residents and workers decreased their driving, transit use, and walking by more than half their usual levels.
- Driving has gradually increased as more commuters return to offices and retail centers.
- Walking has increased as more residents explore their neighborhoods.
- Transit usage still remains well below average. Commuters still have lingering fears about the safety of buses and trains.
- Mobility may decrease with ongoing layoffs and economic contraction.