Old Town Portland, a hub of development activity
The new Gladys McCoy building opened earlier this year as the new home to the Multnomah County Health Department
June 26, 2019
- The new Gladys McCoy building opened earlier this year as the new home to the Multnomah County Health Department. It is consolidating 500 healthcare professionals into a single headquarters. The ground floor is pharmacy and work space, floors 2-5 have clinic and admin space, and floors 5-9 are office.
- The New Omni is a planned multifamily building with 135 residential units with ground floor retail and parking
- One Pacific Square, built in 1984, was purchased by New York Life and local firm Specht Development in January 2018. With NW Natural vacating approximately 70 percent of the building in 2020, the new owners have extensive renovations planned for the asset. Improvements include new glazing and cladding and upgrades to the interior lobby. A major renovation to the ground floor street plaza is also in the works.
- The Harlow Hotel is a 20,000 square foot hotel that is currently undergoing major interior and exterior renovations, including a full seismic upgrade.
- Block 31 is a 133 unit apartment building with ground floor retail currently under construction just 3 blocks from the US Bancorp Tower. Downtown Development Group is the developer and it will deliver in late 2019.
- The PAE Living Building is set to be the first "Living Building Challenge" certified project in Portland. This means the building will generate more than 100% of the energy it uses. It would also be the largest commercial Living Building in the U.S. The ground floor will include retail and floors 2 – 5 will be office space. PAE Consulting Engineers will occupy two full floors for their new headquarters. It will also be framed with cross-laminated timber. The project is expected to deliver in 2021.
- Block 33 is a 133,600 square foot mixed use proposed building that will include office, multifamily, and retail on almost the entire ground floor over three levels of parking. Although there was an initial 100 foot height limit at the site, the Portland City Council increased it to 200 feet last July. Local firm Guardian Real Estate is the developer behind the project.
- The Hoxton, a 113-room boutique hotel was finished in November of 2018 and owned and operated by a hotel company based in London with locations around the world including Amsterdam, Paris, Chicago, and LA. The hotel features a trendy Mexican inspired restaurant and rooftop taqueria.
- Toyoko Inn, largest hospitality operator in Japan with more than 240 hotels around the world, is proposing an economy hotel on the vacant quarter block at SW 3rd and Oak. Originally planning 300-400 rooms, the firm has requested Design Advise this week for a 600 room hotel. No renderings have been released yet.
Source: JLL Research, Daily Journal of Commerce, Next Portland