Summertime in the IBC…multi-family deliveries continue in OC’s main business district
In response to the growing employment base, new multi-family developments are providing additional housing
July 31, 2019
- (Click here for interactive map)
- In response to the growing Orange County employment base, new multi-family developments in the Irvine Business Complex and greater Airport Area are providing additional housing in the county’s core business district.
- There are 2,203 housing units currently under construction, 4,845 units approved for development, and 11,959 existing units in the Airport Area.
- As a greater share of the population looks to trim daily commutes, this new housing supply provides people with greater opportunity to have a short drive, bike, or walk to work.
- This rise in density will appeal to existing businesses and those looking to relocate here as they will have a growing local workforce to recruit talent. Orange County’s employment base has grown 20 percent in the last 10 years to 1.67 million people.
Source: JLL Research, City of Irvine, City of Newport Beach, CA EDD