Extreme discount retailers are thriving in greater LA
Value retailers such as chain dollar stores are doing well by providing deep discounts on commoditized, every day goods to consumers on a budget.
December 18, 2019
- Click here for an interactive map of three major Southern California dollar stores
- Value retailers such as chain dollar stores are doing well by providing deep discounts on commoditized, every day goods to consumers on a budget.
- On December 6th, Dollar General announced they will be opening an additional one thousand new stores throughout the country in 2020.
- In contrast to e-commerce sites and omnichannel retail marketing methods, extreme discount stores maintain a minimal online presence.
- Of the 606 Dollar Trees stores in California, 268 are located within the greater Los Angeles basin. Of the 225 Dollar Generals in California, 36 are located in the Los Angeles area. Of the 138 Family Dollar stores in the state, 54 are located in this region.
Source: JLL Research/ AggData/ Business Insider/ Supply Chain Dive