DFW’s industrial job engine on “overdrive” – second only to the combined LA & Inland Empire market
DFW continues to strengthen its national position as a premiere logistics and distribution hub.
March 05, 2019
- DFW continues to strengthen its national position as a premiere logistics and distribution hub.
- Industrial job growth has totaled almost 157,000 since 2010. That’s 11 percent of all job gains in the region.
- DFW’s position in the chart underscores its significance – coming in second, just behind the Los Angeles and Inland Empire markets. These two markets have a combined industrial job base close to twice DFW’s.
- DFW’s industrial jobs increased 28 percent over 2010 to 2018. In comparison, So Cal went up by 14.6 percent. While that is a powerful showing, it is not close to the level of economic expansion being seen in the Metroplex.
- These jobs gains underscore the transformative growth taking place in DFW’s industrial sector and help explain the development of 113 million square feet of space and absorption of 137 million square feet since 2010.
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics; JLL Research